Alameda Slim 🐄

How you meet:
I smiled as I crossed my arms over my chest. "So, you're finally ready to retire Uncle Sam?" He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "I am (y/n), I'm getting old and I think it's time for the town to get a new sheriff. I know you'll take good care of the people here." I smiled at him, taking the sheriff's badge as he handed it to me. "I promise uncle, I'll do my best."

Uncle Sam sighed, then his face grew serious. "Now, just to warn you, we still have Alameda Slim in custody. The county can't take him for at least another month, so you need to watch him." I nodded my head as Uncle Sam led me inside the jail, where Alameda Slim was cuffed to his cell, grumbling incoherently.

He looked up and glared at me. Uncle Sam cleared his throat. "Now listen here Slim, this is my niece, (y/n). She's the best cowgirl in all the land, and will now be sheriff of this here town, so don't cause her too much trouble." Uncle Sam then left bidding me goodbye.

I looked over at Slim, and he smiled slyly at me. "Hope you enjoy yodeling." I smiled at him, sitting down in the sheriff's office, relaxing into the chair. "I do, actually." He seemed shocked and kept his mouth shut for a while.

Getting to know each other:
I had fallen asleep in the sheriff's office, but peace seemed to only last for a while as I was soon woken up by loud yodeling. I groaned a little and looked over at Slim, who was smiling smugly. "Mornin' sheriff! Did you sleep well?"

I took a deep breath, stretching, and standing up. "I slept well, thank you. In fact, I slept so well I feel like practicing." Slim's face fell, and I could tell he thought something bad as I began to stretch my arms. "Practice what?" I smiled at him as I stretched my legs.

"You see, when I was little, my parents divorced, and my mom brought me to Paris. I didn't stay there long, only two years as Paris wasn't for me, I missed the Wild West.  But there was one thing that I enjoyed out in Paris." Slim watched me with a wary eye,  as I moved to first position. "Ballet."

In my cowboy boots, I performed some modified ballet, that I called cowboy ballet. I didn't go on point, the boots were too stiff for that, but I did pirouettes and pliés, jetes and ballons, twirling and jumping for a solid five minutes. When I finally landed in an arabesque, I heard clapping.

I looked over at Slim, who was smiling and clapping. "That was beautiful! Never seen anybody in the west do something like that!" I blushed a little, smiling shyly. "Thanks, no one's ever really appreciated my performances."  Alameda sighed, leaning up against the jail wall. "No one's ever really appreciated my yodeling either."

I took a deep breath and smiled at him. "Guess we'll just have to appreciate each other's talents." He nodded his head, and the rest of the day was relatively peaceful.

They save you:
It had been a long day. A tornado had torn through town and destroyed a few houses. I had to go around taking stock of all the damage and seeing if there were any casualties. I had just finished and was back in the jail. I waved to Alameda and fell into my chair.

Alameda looked at me concerned. "Everything alright?" I sighed, frowning. "The only thing that can make this day worse was if bandits came to town and started ransacking the place." Alameda looked like he was about to say something, but then the wall behind him blew up, sending a large piece of wood into my stomach.

Alameda seemed unharmed, but he looked at me in horror. That's when three voices sounded out. "Uncle Slim, we've come to get you!" Behind Slim were the Willies, smiling, but Alameda looked furious.

Without saying a word to the brothers, he stormed out of the cell, back into the building. He looked at me in worry. "(Y/n), dear, can you hear me?" I nodded my head, groaning in pain. Alameda took a deep breath, then gently picked me up. He took me outside, looking for help, but everyone had fled after the tornado and the explosion.