Stashing Letters

8

Finding out that he is the one stashing letters inside your locker for the past few years.

Watching the beautiful scenery of the school, since winter is coming all of the students are wearing sweaters keeping us warm. I'm excited to have the winter season on Christmas day. One more week and it's Christmas break.

Also, I want to know who is the one stashing letters on my locker. It's been a year since I always left in confusion who that person is.

“Y/N, what's your plan for Christmas?” My friend Yeji popped up from nowhere. She almost scared the hell out of me. “Of course I will spend Christmas with my family.” I smiled. “You are not going to find a boyfriend aren't you?” She asked and I raised my eyebrows. Really? Boyfriend? I mean I'm interested in that thing but I only love a person that I know is not going to love me back.

Such a shame. “Don't tell me you are still in love with Jimin.” She poked my waist. What the hell? This girl can't keep her hands from behaving. “Who is not gonna fall for him? He is a nice guy and- yeah he is nice.” I looked away trying not to look at Yeji's disgusted look. “Nice? I could take that as a compliment for him.” She pinch my cheeks. “Let's get inside. It's getting cold.” She immediately pulled me inside of the campus. Can't she slow down?

We are at the locker area right now. Of course I'd always expect that I have a letter today like every single day. I hope that person won't get tired writing this. I unlocked my locker and saw a pink envelope with a letter inside as I opened it.

When I turned around hoping to see someone looking for me while reading the letter. I saw a guy with silver highlights on his black hair. Who could it be? I can't seem to recognize the person because it's hiding and also only his hair can be seen.

Before I followed him, I heard my name being called. “Y/N! Time for class!” Yeji shouted and I took a glance hoping to see that person but he was not there anymore. “I think I saw the person who is putting letters on my locker. I can't be sure if it's really him. He was keeping an eye on me while I was reading the letter.” I hold my book tightly. “Really? Did you see the face?” Yeji asked and I shook my head. “I only saw his hair. His black hair has silver highlights.” I said and Yeji gasped that made me jump.

She is always scaring the hell out of me. “Isn't the only person who has silver highlights is Jimin?” She covered her mouth. It can't be him. We were like strangers. “We can't be sure if it's really him. What if it's another person?” I don't want to take my excitement and expectations over me.

It's already time to go home and my mind is still on that person. We can't be sure if it's Jimin or some other person. It's been a year since I left in a confusion. I'm eager to find out who that is.

Yeji already goes home because her brother Hyunjin picked her up. My home is just in front of the school and it's easy just to take a short walk. My eyes widened when I saw Jimin talking to his friends. Can I talk to him?

I just wanted to ask him if it's really him. “Jimin?” I called and all of their attention is on me. This is awkward. “Can I talk to you? This is important.” I said, is this important? For me, yes. That's it when he told his friends to wait for him outside the school and brought me inside of the empty classroom since some students are still on the campus. “What is it?” His soft voice echoed in my ear. I bet he is a good singer.

“A-Are you the person who is stashing letters on my locker?” I stuttered. I hope it's not him. I built up my courage to ask him and I hope it's not worth it. “I'm sorry? I'm not.” He looked away. Embarrassing. “Uh- thank you and I'm sorry for asking you about this I gotta go-” “Yes, I am. Have a problem with that?” He said, making me leave in shock. “B-But why?” I looked down trying to hold my excitement since I already know who that person was. After so many years, I finally found out. 

“Is it not clear to you that I have been crushing you? You might have seen me this morning kind of awkward. If you won't accept my confession I'm gonna wait-” He stopped when I interrupted him. “I love you too, Jimin.” I smiled as soon as he saw me and he immediately kissed me. Butterflies in my stomach can't stop. It's like they are dancing from the excitement I was feeling right now. If it's a dream please don't wake me up.