Matching Rings

— 22

When you are going to buy a matching ring but you saw his ex-girlfriend.

For the very first time I know that my boyfriend is kinda mad at me just for the small mistake I just made yesterday.

I forgot to call him or text him because I was making a group project with my friends and it's raining yesterday so he really got worried about me. Besides the members for our group project are boys, me and my friend Yuri are the only girls.

It's not that they are not trustworthy, of course we can trust them. Only 2 girls and 3 boys belong to the group project we have been doing since yesterday.

When I got home I saw him sleeping on the sofa. I know he is gonna ignore me in that state. When I left in the morning so that I could go to school early I didn't even see him spare a small glance at me. I was kinda hurt by that. Did I just consider it a small mistake of mine?

He is being worried at me like really worried. I know Jimin. Now, here I am standing in front of the jewelry shop, I hope it's not that expensive.

As soon as I got in so that I could find a matching ring for the both of us. Jimin is gonna be so happy when I'm gonna show it to him later. Everything I gave to him is making him happy.

But before I took a look at the matching rings I didn't expect that person was gonna be here. “Y/N?” She called. Seo-yeon, Jimin's ex-girl friend. Did she think I'm gonna forgive her after what she did to him?

She treats him like nothing so that's why Jimin has been sensitive being in a relationship since then. How could she even say to him that she fell out of love when at the first place she is not in love with him.

I feel sad at Jimin after hearing that side story of him. He loves Seo-yeon with all of his heart, she treated her kindly. That's the past, but I still can't get over it. I met her last time when I was gonna take a bus.

She keeps calling my name but how did she know my name? But I ignored her that time. I'm not gonna waste my time talking to her.

“Hey Seo-yeon.” I fakely smiled. What is she doing here? Don't tell me- “What are you doing here?” She asked, did she forget how she used to treat Jimin before? Don't act nice to me. I'm not gonna fall for that.

“I'm here to buy a matching ring, how about you?” I scratched the back of my neck. “Oh- I'm here to buy a matching ring too.” She cutely chuckled. The fuck? It's not even cute.

“You have a boyfriend?” I surprisingly asked her. How could I expect her? She collects men like nothing. It must be easy for her because she is rich and also beautiful.

“Yes, I have. We have already been in a relationship for 5 months now so I wanted to buy a matching ring. You are going to buy a matching ring with Jimin too, right?” She asked and I nodded.

“Ladies, I heard that you both want to buy a matching ring for your boyfriend. Mind, choose what you like?” The lady smiled at us. All of these are kinda expensive but as long as Jimin is happy.

“Can I have this simple one?” I pointed at the beautiful ring. I want that simple for the both of us. “What's the ring size of your partner?” The lady asked. Uh- what? “Excuse me? What?” My eyes widened.

“Your partner's ring size.” She asked again. Oh no- we have been together for a year now but I don't know what Jimin's ring size is.

“Uh- Y/N? You don't know Jimin's ring size?” Seo-yeon patted my back. No way. It can't be. “I-I know. Maybe the same size as mine.” I chuckled. I hope it fits him.

A few hours later I finally got home after a small talk with Seo-yeon. She acts nice but I know she is already backstabbing me. I opened the door just to see nothing. Is he at home?

“Jimin?” I called, when I stepped on our shared bedroom I saw him sitting at the corner of the bed with his phone in his hand. “I-I wanna say sorry for the mistake I made yesterday.” I lowered my head.

“Y/N, I'm sorry too.” He ran into me and gave me a warm hug. This feels nice. I hope I can hug him like this, forever.

“I'm sorry for the way I act. I know that your group project is important but it's me who is always doubting. I'm sorry Y/N. I'm not gonna act like that again. I feel bad for ignoring you.” He hugged me tightly.

“Jimin, it's totally fine. By the way, look what I got today. I bought a matching ring for us.” I said as he broke the hug. I can almost see a big smile on his face. “A matching ring?” He asked and I nodded.

“Here.” I slipped the ring on my ring finger and showed it to him. “Let me put it on you.” I took the other ring and slipped it on his ring finger. Yes! It really fits. “Omg, I choose the right size for you.” I squealed.

“What? You don't know my ring size?” He asked and I looked away. “Yes, but that's not a problem now it's the same size as my middle finger, look.” I showed him my middle finger but as soon I realized what I just pulled.

“Sorry for that.” I scratched the back of my neck. “And it's just a simple ring. It's not expensive but I hope you cherish it. I promise that I will buy an expensive matching ring for us as soon as I get my allowance-” I stopped when he caressed my cheeks.

“I'll cherish everything you gave to me. It's not matter if it's not expensive as long as we are together and we love each other.” He pecked my lips. I'm not going to tell him that I met Seo-yeon today, he is going to think about his past again.

I love you more than anything Jimin even though I'm just doing this to make you happy because that's what your parents ordered for me, to make you happy.