Sub Teacher

— 29 —

When he is your student and he confessed his feelings on you | you as a sub teacher.

It's been 2 days since I've been teaching here. I'm a sub teacher but it feels like they all have been so close to me, especially one of my students named Park Jimin.

When I first step in here he is kind of a quiet one but a flirty type also. He's always saying pick up lines at me, his classmates say that he is not active with other teachers before but when I began to work here he was active most of the time.

“Ma'am.” I stopped on my tracks when I heard the voice who called me. I turned my head to see who it was. “Yes, Mr. Park?” I asked. “Are you going to your next class now?” He asked and I gave him a slight nod.

“Are you engaged, ma'am?” He asked and I was surprised. He must have noticed the ring I was wearing. “No.” I replied and he smiled at me. “So, this time I have a chance.” He whispered. “What?” I chuckled. “I'm sorry ma'am it's nothing.” He lightly chuckled after.

I was waiting for the bus outside the school when I got startled when someone jumped beside me. “Mr. Park!” I gasped. “Did I make you startled? I'm sorry ma'am.” He chuckled. “You can call me Jimin when we are outside the school, ma'am.” He said and I looked away.

“Ummm.. ma'am I'm just curious.” He said. “What?” I asked. “You said you're not engaged so you're married?” He asked me, which made me laugh. “This ring is a gift from my mother.” I said, showing him the ring.

“You're beautiful even when you smile ma'am.” He said and a tint of blush rushed on my cheeks. “What if a student has feelings for you?” He asked. “No, it can't be.” I replied to him. It would really be my answer because a teacher and a student can't date each other, it's just so wrong.

After that day I have been ignoring him. I can't face him after what I said as if I'm guilty but I'm not. It took so long when I ignored him I didn't even spare a glance at him in my class. I was taking my things for my next class when I saw him getting closer at me. “I want to talk to you.” He said seriously.

I followed him to the empty classroom where there were no students around. “Make it faster, I have a class, Mr. Park.” I said while looking at my watch. “Jimin… Jimin, I said.” He said and I closed my eyes trying to control my temper. “No. I'll stick to your surname. What do you want?” I asked.

“Are you avoiding me?” He asked if that made me freeze from my spot, so he noticed it after all? “What?” I asked, trying not to be obvious that I have been ignoring him. “Is it because of my question last month?” He asked. “Why would I get affected? Do I like you? Or.. do you like me Mr. Park Jimin?” I step closer at him.

“Yes.” He replied that it made my heart jump. “I like you.” He confessed and I chuckled. “So what? I don't like you.” I straightly said to him that it made him regret it afterwards. We can't be together as I said a teacher and a student can't be together. I hope you understand. I looked at him for once as I left the room, tears started streaming down on my face.

I remember the day when he gave me a hair pin. It's cute actually. “If you wear that it means you like me.” He winked. “Just kidding.” He chuckled. “Funny but thanks.” I shortly replied while taking the hair pin.

I smiled while watching myself in the mirror wearing the hair pin he gave me. He might be joking about what he says about the hair pin but I'm not. When I entered the room some students greeted me and I saw him talking to his friends. We looked at each other's eyes but he looked away after.

“J-Jimin..” I called him but he ignored me. I didn't know that my tears were falling. I have feelings for him but it's wrong.

Graduation Day...

He looks good with his graduation attire. I didn't know I was smiling at myself watching him graduating. “Ma'am.” He called and I smiled at him. “Hi.” I greeted. “I have been looking for you. I thought you're not attending.” He said.

“You're already graduated now.” I smiled at him. “You didn't wear the clip I gave to you?” He asked and I smiled while taking the hair clip in my bag and showing it to him. “Can you put it on me?” I asked and he took the clip in my hands.

He put the hair clip on my hair and smiled after. “Beautiful.” He said. “I tried to reach out. It's been so long since you ignored me.” I said. “I don't want you to see me in that way so it's better to ignore you, so..” He stopped when he made me wear his medals and also his diploma.

“Is it okay?” He asked. “For what?” I asked. “Can I love you now, Ms. Bae Y/N?” He asked. “Yes you can, Park Jimin.” I blushed and he was smiling like there is no tomorrow. It took me too long to realize that I have feelings for him but I'm happy now that I'm the woman he loves.