Last Breath

9

When even in your last breath he is not the one you are looking for.

A long time ago a girl named Zhang Y/N was lying lifelessly on her sofa, hoping and waiting for her husband's call. Her husband whom she married for 10 years, a man that she already regrets marrying. If only she could've turned back time she wouldn't be marrying a man like that. Her husband is a workaholic and doesn't even have time for her.

All this time, she always had feelings for him even though Y/N knew he had been cheating behind her back for almost 3 years. If she insists on him to be with her just only for a day he will become abusive for no reason sometimes although Y/N always put a smile on her face.

That's when she found out she had leukemia, this sickness made her locked herself in their shared bedroom and never told her husband about it. She just went to the doctor all by herself not telling her husband that's when she met, Dr. Park Jimin.

Day by day, she secretly went to hospital without her cruel husband knowing even though he found out she doesn't even care but to take all the blame and hatred from him.

“Y/N! Where are you going these past few days, huh?!” Her husband throws the files he is making while watching his wife cook dinner for him. “You should've known.” She said with a weak voice. “Oh yeah? Just tell me if you're seeing someone behind my back!” He shouted. “I should be the one asking you that.” She said that made him clenched his fist.

“Are you out of your mind? I work for our future and yet you're suspecting me of seeing someone?” He asked. “Enough, I'm going to our room now. Eat your dinner alone. I don't have an appetite.” She leaves. She doesn't want to hear it all again. She just wants to rest.

In the middle of the night, she sneaks out to leave their home for the meantime since she can't take all of the abusive doing of her husband. Only one person can come up too, Dr. Park Jimin. One time, he gave his card if she needed anything. It's not the first time she is going to his home.

“I will be gone soon so why won't you treat me better?” She took a glance at her husband sleeping peacefully before closing the door of their room and immediately left their house.

Almost a week, she spent time together with Jimin. He understands her situation after seeing the hickeys on her neck a long time ago, also the bruises from her arms and every part of her body. He also admitted that he fell for her. There was a time that he almost kissed her but she refused since it's really wrong.

“I'm sorry, Jimin. I'll leave eventually, so I can't give you any more hopes.”

On the other hand, her husband was looking for her for the past few days and didn't know where she went. “Your wife has been taking ‘thioguanine tablets’.” A friend of his who is also a doctor said. “What's wrong?” He asked. “Do you love Y/N?” “Of course.” “You love her my ass, Rin!” “What the heck are you doing?!” He punched him with full force.

“You said you love her but you still go out to fool around? You said you love her but you can't tell that her physical and mental states are getting worse!” His friend grabbed his collar. “You said you love her but you still abuse her! What kind of husband are you Rin!” His friend shouted. “What do you know about our love?! I just play around, not like I don't want to be with her!” Rin shouted back.