six

"You have no commissary?"

I looked up at Worth as he shockingly didn't come up for anything.

He shook his head, not looking interested in the slightest, "I don't want to give this place my money. Besides, people end up giving me their commissary anyway."

"Oh, do they now?" I snort, grabbing the rest of the bags that were now empty. All the commissary was given out and he happened to be right in front of all the exchanges.

Not sure why...but it almost felt like he was watching out for me. To make sure no one tried anything? I don't even know, but considering that was my first time giving out commissary, it was fine.

Everyone was extra happy, and I know it's because they were getting what they bought. Don't have to refer to chow and can eat ramen instead, even snack on sweets or chips. Have sodas and kool-aid packets, because kool-aid is amazing.

He was the only one who came to the commissary table and had nothing.

"So, you don't mind eating chow?" I ask him curiously as I take the bags back, him right beside me.

"I don't eat it, that's where the commissary comes in. Trading and making deals is where it's at. There's people in here who'd kill for an extra tray, even trading it for commissary. I can sell a tray in here for five to eight commissary items. Why buy commissary then?" He tells me.

I silently found that smart. They're not allowed to have stores in here though or trade trays. It can cause problems usually, especially if someone doesn't get it and another does.

"If I was an inmate I'd find that smart, but I'm not so...I'm going to say you can't do that..." I drift, noticing him grinning at me. "I mean, if I see it happen I will have to say something. That's what I mean is all."

"So...just don't get caught then? Is that what Officer Nate is telling me?" He gasps, and I feel my lips tighten together. When I don't respond he smirks, shrugging. "That's fine. I've been doing that the whole time you've been here and you have yet to catch me even before then. I'm not worried in the slightest."

As I walk back to counter I saw him speak to a trustee before the cell door closed. They were doing some hand signals, and I saw him point over to Zarian's cell. Once the doors closed he was walking towards me.

"What was that about?" I question him as I lean against the counter.

"I found out 'Nothin's' name is Zarian. What an ugly ass name, sounds like a damn medicine." Worth shook his head, and I had to conceal my smile of amusement as I look away.

Only to see Worth run in front of me and smirk.

"Why are you trying to hide the fact that I'm funny? You know it's true, a two-hundred milligram pill of Zarian." He wiggled his eyebrows and I snort at his silliness. "There it is, a smile because I'm funny."

"I smiled because you're so goofy." I chuckle, seeing him shrug.

"Rather be goofy than loony. I'll be turning twenty soon, so I gotta get all of this childish energy out!" He exclaims, causing his friends to cheer him on. I raise my eyebrow at that.

"When do you turn twenty?"

"In a couple of days. This Saturday, to list an exact day. People will really be giving me their commissary. Why do you think so many had so much?" Worth points out, my eyes widening. "Yep. There might even be some in here who'll try to sexual favors. I can't wait wait for that."

I look away from him now, not really surprised he'd say such a thing. It's still kind of weird to think about...that people would really go that far. I mean, he is a very attractive guy, but at the risk of who?