nine

"Worth come on!" I shout, not wanting to go in the rain as he just stood out there. Everyone else was in their cells and he was the only one who wasn't listening.

I didn't want to go in the rain, but at this point I'd have to pull him in myself. Didn't think I'd have to bring a damn umbrella, but I wish I did. This was so irritating and for what?

Now I removed my jacket, going out into the rain as I grab his arm. Only for him to yank it away from me.

"Don't fucking touch me." He sneers, and I frown at him.

"What is your problem Worth? You can't stay out here and it's lockdown time. If I don't put you in your cell it will be a bad wrap-."

"Let there be a bad wrap then. I'm not going inside. The rain is cold and it soothes my anger." He tells me, sighing as I look back at the pod doors.

When I look back at him I already knew he was upset about something. And I knew already it had to do with the kiss. What else would it be?

"Why do you need the rain to soothe your anger? What are you so mad for?" I question him, but he doesn't respond. "Are you mad at me, maybe?"

He still doesn't budge, but I didn't need him too. I already knew he was maybe...not mad, but embarrassed? I don't know... This is all so confusing to me and for me. Never did I think it's get to this with him.

It's not even anything really but being friends. Except I can tell...now, that he likes me. And I think I might too...?

If it wasn't for these circumstances and him sleeping around as much as he does, I'd be for certain. I'm not though, and that is unfortunate.

I've also never...been with a man before. This is all new to me.

"I'm not going inside, so unless you want to get sick, go inside and leave me alone."

"What do I need to do for you to come inside? You'll definitely get sick and being sick in a prison is not the way to go." I insist to him.

Worth still doesn't budge or respond.

That's when I looked at his lips and back at his eyes. He wasn't looking at me and I needed him to. If he did...I knew he'd possibly be willing to listen. I know his ego is probably hurt and he probably misunderstood. I should've said something, but I didn't.

...I want to fix this.

"Let me get sick then. Maybe when I get sick you'll really stay away-."

I go towards him, my hands gripping his shoulders as I lean towards him. Pressing my lips to his, I allowed myself to kiss him. His lips surprisingly warmer than I thought they'd be considering how long he stood out here.

That's when I pull back now, making eye contact with him. I see his eyes widened on me and I grin now.

"I didn't avoid your kiss that day because I didn't want it. I avoided it because I was surprised by myself...that I didn't mind it. That took me aback more than anything, and it had me pulling away subconsciously. I'm sorry." I chuckle, the rain beginning to pour harder. "You don't have to believe me, but I'm telling the truth. I wouldn't lie about something like-."

Worth's hands gripped the sides of my face so fast, pressing his lips to mine. He didn't hold back at all when it came to kissing me as he came closer towards me. His tongue even entering my mouth as it gently grazes mine.

I feel the grip on his shoulders tighten in surprise to how eager this kiss was. Almost like he's been wanting to do this for so long and it's all showing through in this one kiss.