² twenty nine

Nate .

"I have information."

I sat before my dad, seeing him frown because I know he's wondering why I'm here.

"You do? Why...are you saying something now-?"

"I was trying to go about things differently, but it ended up just being stupid in the end. I wanted to...respect whatever dynamics Worth has with his family, but I can't do that anymore. I want to give you these things."

I dig in my pocket, handing him the camcorder.

He looked at it, raising his eyebrow at me.

"What does this contain?" He asks, grabbing it as he began to try and connect it to his computer to download the contents. "I have my own cases to handle. I understand you want to help Worth, but I can't assist in everything. He has his own case-."

"This is on not just Michael, but on his mom and dad. The people you've been trying to catch for ages now." I sit back, sighing as I saw his eyes widen. "Florence and Malak Varon, right?"

I saw him not even nod, rushing to download the recordings. Except I already knew that whatever I had to give him wouldn't be sufficient enough to lock them up. I just knew that was the only way he'd actually listen to them.

The only reason why I'm down here, is for the one thing I can't stand.

Worth is talking to Micah again.

I don't know why...but I just know that it seemed so urgent to him. Ever since he spoke with Florence, that's been his main focus. To see Micah again...even after everything he told him and after all he said.

It kinda looks bad for him...because now he's backtracking on his own word.

And...I want to distract my dad on the fact that Worth is here. If he finds out he's here to see Micah, he will definitely...interfere. The case, the trial, all of it - will be messed up because of his...stupid choices.

"Are you okay?"

I look at my dad, seeing him look at me with pure concern. I already know that he's seeing how...irritated and just exhausted I am over all of this. It was hard not being exhausted from the drama and stupid shit that comes with Malakai's family.

It's draining...he's...sometimes draining.

"Not really." I admit, sitting back as look behind me. Seeing Rue sleeping in her stroller, I look back at him. "I just want this all to be over. This is beginning to consume me. Worth's family drama...is beginning to consume me."

"Why?" My dad looks back at his computer, completely nonchalant. "Why let his family troubles consume you? It has nothing to do with you."

"He's my-."

"You two aren't even married yet," He interrupts me, my eyes lowering, "Keep that in mind. Worth hasn't asked you, and I don't think you are gonna ask him. Are you?"

I look back at him, seeing him still not even looking at me. Except he didn't need to...

"Right now, you aren't even yourself. Ever since you had Rue, which she is a blessing, you have become someone different. Not that Worth isn't an amazing, yet troubled guy; but he's weighing down on you because of his troubles. You two are supposed to lift each other up, yet why does it look like only Worth is getting such treatment?"

"Because he's..." I drift, groaning as I slump back into the seat.

"You're not even thinking smart anymore. You used to think like an investigator and you weren't afraid to 'rat' on somebody if it was for the greater good. What happened to your dreams? Why does it seem like you are focusing on only what makes Worth happy and not what makes you happy?" My dad sits back, looking me in the eyes now.

I look away from him because I was at a loss for words. I didn't have anything to say...I didn't know what to say.

Because he was right.

I wasn't like this until I met him.

"What...what do I do?" I found myself asking him, seeing my dad look shocked that I asked him anything. "I love Worth, but he's...he's-."

"Take a break."

"Oh..." I found myself frowning.

Because the last thing Worth needs right now is a break. He can't catch a break - wait.

"So...if I give him a break-."

"Make your own decision Nate. I can't help you  anymore than I already have. This is up to you. Stop making decisions for other people's sake and make a decision for yourself once again. If Worth truly loves you, he can easily understand."

"It's not that simple...he's different..." I mumble.

I know he hasn't seen much of what Worth has to go through or deal with. So his advice is more on the harsher approach and that's not necessary.

I have to go about...all of this differently. In a way that helps not just him and our child...but me too.

________________🌚

and what does that entail, hmm? 🙇🏽‍♀️

- yolo 🫶