seventeen

^ Nate (a.n: you can imagine him with tattoos or without - they won't be mentioned though) ^
***

"I can clearly see that you have yet to get a confession out of Worth," the Chief starts off my morning, and I sneer, "but, am I surprised? Not at all."

"It won't happen in a matter of a couple of days. Besides, I'm not in no rush. Him and I really like each other and-."

"Let me stop you right there." Chief chuckles, shaking his head as he looks at me in disgust. "Don't rub in my face how happy you two are. It'll make me retract my statements easily."

"You really have no choice because what you're doing to get a confession out of somebody is fucking illegal. You knew his brother was the only person you had and played on the fact that someone probably wouldn't fight for him. Sick son of a bitch." I sneer in disgust, soon grinning. "But your time will come."

I ignore the disturbed look on his face as I turn away, heading to the pod Worth's in.

To be honest...I hope he doesn't ask me to see Micah again. I have evidence piled against him...kind of. I still need to edit half of the footage to just play his voice.

It was sad how Worth was pretending to do these crimes for Micah's sake. It's disgusting how far Micah is taking this.

When I arrive at the pod, I saw Worth already handing out breakfast trays to the others. I go up beside him and he glanced down at me, smiling.

"Good morning."

"I'd say an irritating morning so far." I say quickly, and he snorts.

"Well, good to know. Mine has been average, so I guess I should've said 'average morning'." He teases, and I snicker at such a thing.

As I looked at him and let him finish, I was trying to think where he is in my memory. Because I am pretty certain...we might've gone to the same school. Except he said he tried to flirt with this Junior and be there for him.

I don't remember...any guy flirting with me. I'd remember that for sure considering back then I was just dating girls.

We were both still growing at that time too, so I'm not sure. He did say he looked like an adult by the time he was basically a freshman or sophomore. I just...it's not ringing any bells for me.

I must know.

Right when he finished his work, I grab his hand as I pull him out the pod. I rush into the empty room we were in before, closing the door as I lock it.

"Nate what's wro-?"

"So tell me...one thing you did for this Junior you liked? Do you even remember his name?" I question him as we stood in this supply closet.

"Not really. He didn't go by his own name there, he went by a nickname." Worth informs me, and I try not to react. "It was 'NBI' because he wanted to be an investigator. I'm not sure about the 'N' part though because no else called him anything but that."

My eyes were wide on him, and he waited for me to say something. Because I do remember something now right when he said 'NBI' himself. That's when I gasp and I grip his shoulders.

"You're 'M-N-M'?" I question him fast, and he looked shocked that I knew that. "Is that what you were called when you were a freshman... Because you were always-."

"Around 'NBI'-."

"So the Juniors nicknamed you that because-."

"They saw my infatuation for-."

"Me..." I croak, the both of us looking at one another with wide eyes.

A memory began to flood back to me on my last day of school at the school I was going to. The memory of that kid who cried that I was leaving and who confessed his feelings for me...and I didn't even take them seriously.