twenty five

a.n. i'm cracking.
***

I stood beside Worth as we were now heading to meet my parents at their job. He was nervous, it was obvious to anyone who was looking.

There was nothing to be worried about because all he had to do was admit to what was happening within that prison. His nerves seem more towards what happened than anything else. What happened now a couple days ago.

I'd say I was disappointed because he thought just doing sexual favors would fix things. That doesn't work on me.

It may be nice at that moment, but then when that arousal fades...what you felt before sets back in. I didn't forget anything he said and it's hard to in the first place.

It was so hurtful...and I still feel like it was intended because he felt hurt. Not taking into consideration all I've done for him. Because now look! He's out and he'll be a part of taking that prison facility down for it's heinous corruption.

"Do your parents know what...happened between us?" Worth asks me awkwardly.

"No, I don't tell them that kind of stuff. Besides, I haven't spoken to them for a couple of weeks. We just planned this out and we were going to just see one another at this meeting." I tell him, and he looked weirded out by that.

I don't know why. People have different relationships with their parents, and we don't need to be all up in each other's business all the time. Not that I'm implying anything towards him.

"I wish I could've had a relationship with my parents... I don't even know if they're dead or not."

"Probably not." I respond, because it was unlikely. Considering what I've heard...they're probably still alive. I wouldn't even be surprised if Micah's weird ass knew where they were all along.

"What makes you say that?" He asks me awkwardly.

I shrug because I know it wouldn't be wise to get into that kind of conversation right now.

As we arrive at the station, I already saw both their cars parked alongside one another's. I begin to smirk because I saw their friends cars too and I knew that this was going to go down.

"You look excited."

I look, seeing Worth looking amused by expression. I fix it immediately because I didn't want this to be a new focal point to start a pointless conversation.

"I wouldn't say that. Let's go inside so that we're not late."

As I get out the car, I see him make his way around with a sad expression. I just look away from him because I already know why.

I haven't done anything that would warrant him to still be in a funk. He claims it's because things changed between us, in which, they did. It doesn't take a smart person to realize that.

We begin to head inside, and he was being all weird behind me. I could tell being in here put him off. Makes sense considering where he just came from.

Now I stop before we went past the X-ray doors. I glance at him as his lips were tightened together and he looked uncomfortable. My hand rests on his shoulder and he looks at me.

"Don't stress about it, okay? The people we are about to meet are all in favor of you. They wouldn't wish what you went through on anybody. Michael and the others must pay for what they did to you. Now, they'll get their just desert." I say firmly, grinning.

Worth inhaled deeply, soon nodding in understanding.

"Okay...I'm happy to hear that. You know how to say the right things." He murmurs, sighing as he shook his head. "Unlike me."