nineteen

I sat up fast, looking around as I saw that the sun was rising. I began to move only to. Feel that someone was still laying on me. Looking down, I see Worth still in the same spot, a blanket laid upon him.

I saw that I was still in the uniform from yesterday and didn't even take a shower. Just going on and smelling myself, I smelled that I didn't stink so...I'll shower later on today.

"Worth..." I whisper, shaking him a little bit. In doing so I see him stretch a little bit on me, yawning a big yawn. A smile coming to my face as he looked up at me from where he laid. "Good morning sleepyhead."

"Good morning... That was probably...the best sleep I have ever had in my entire life." He groans, wrapping his arms around my hips as he laid down again. "I just want to sleep some more. How can I not enjoy this right now? Not to mention I'm laying here with you? How could I...let myself go back?"

I don't say anything, because I could tell he was still in-and-out of sleep. So he wasn't really paying attention to what was coming out his mouth.

"I can't go back there, not after getting this. I could leave anytime...I don't need to stay here." He whines, and I saw that the camcorder on my chest was still recording. "Why am I doing this? He is so ungrateful. He doesn't love me, Micah doesn't love me at all. If he did...I wouldn't be here. He-."

I saw him sit up fast, and I saw his eyes wide on me. My eyes were wide on him too as he looked kind of crazy now.

"Worth-."

"What was I talking about earlier?" He questions me now, and I don't say anything. "Tell me."

"You just brought up how comfortable you are right here. You don't want to go back, and that you don't necessarily have to go back. That's it-."

"I...I remember Micah's name passing my lips though." He looked off some as I saw him close his eyes. I could tell he was trying to recount his own words, but he was struggling as he cussed under his breath. "Just be honest with me, I won't be mad. Did I mention him at all?"

I don't say anything at first as the both of us look into each other's eyes. I wasn't going to falter and let him find out before I could speak the truth. Soon clearing my throat as I sigh.

"Yeah, you did. You said he doesn't love you." I tell him that part, and I saw him look startled by that. "If you can say that half asleep, you must think so truly. You even told me that when we were younger. I remember a lot."

Worth just looks at me, and I wait for him to deny it. Except it seemed he wanted me to say more on it to see what I'd have to say. What I did remember.

"I remember when you stayed over at my house and you were having a nightmare..."

five years ago...

I end up hearing someone groaning, my eyes opening as I look at my clock. It was one in the morning and I know my parents weren't up this late.

That's when I look over the edge of my bed, seeing M-N-M groaning on the air mattress. He was clearly having a nightmare as he moved around abruptly and that pained look on his face.

I've heard that when a dog is having nightmares to not wake them up because they can be combative. Except...M-N-M is human and I'm pretty sure it's not the same...? Is it the same? Probably since it is that way with dogs.

Close enough right?

"Worth!" I whisper yell, grabbing one of my pillows as I toss it at him. When it hits his body he didn't react, still having his nightmare.

Now I got out of bed, sitting on the edge of the air mattress as I shake him a bit. When I do that his eyes open fast and he inhaled sharply. I could tell he was still out of it as his eyes darted to the sides nervously.