twenty two

"How do you...feel?"

I look at Worth as he seemed off. His arms were folded to his chest and he was very standoffish. Except I know no one has said anything about...the confession because I've been with him this whole time.

"I'm just wondering what Micah will do...how he'll react. There was a plan enacted, and you...got between that. Not that I'm saying it's a problem at this point because he fucked his own self up now." Worth shook his head, grinning down at me now.

I look away now because there was no point in saying anything. That is kind of true...he fucked his own self because he was going to get in here eventually. When the right person came into Worth's life, he was instantly doomed.

"Yeah...he ran his damn mouth and did this to himself. I...couldn't stand it."

Worth looks at me, grinning still as he shrugs.

"Whatever at this point. I'm really not mad at you. He was...still doing bad shit anyway. I went in there so that he could start over, and he hadn't changed. That dude we saw at that gas station who rushed off, he was a part of the horrible crimes Micah did. The main crimes he's in for, that dude was involved in. Instantly when I saw him, it was obvious Micah lied. He wasn't changing himself at all. My three years...wasted." Worth's lips tighten together and I saw his hands balled up in irritation.

I caress his arm, and he doesn't react. Except he soon was when Chief Michael began to walk towards us.

He looked irritated, but didn't hold all that hatred towards him in his eyes. Probably since he was being released and all of that animosity was...fading.

"Worth...congratulations on your release. Your record is clear...if any violence you have enacted against any officers. Also, compensation will be put towards you in exchange for you...not saying anything about what has happened here. And...because I'm sorry..." He apologizes to Worth.

Worth's eyes were wide on him at that moment. I don't say anything because I wasn't...all that surprised. It was obvious that Chief Michael was in love with Worth. His way of going about it was absolutely shit though.

Besides, Worth would never love him anyway.

I'm not just saying that to be spiteful or cruel. It's just a fact because Worth always hated them. He came to hate those that falsely imprisoned him, and that's to be understandable. I don't understand how anyone could grow love from that.

It's evident he hates them. So...why fall in love with him?

"You want to say sorry now?" Worth just says plainly, shaking his head and Chief Michael nods. "Well...I don't forgive you."

That instantly made Chief Michael's face become red. It looked like more with embarrassment than anything else.

I was a little surprised too because I thought he'd give him at least that. The look of hatred for him was so strong and I could tell that made him want to cry.

"You're...you're no longer a prisoner; so..." He croaks, clearing his throat as he opens the door. Only to reach around and grab a book bag.

That seemed to startle Worth as Chief Michael set it before him. I could tell it was his high school bag and he didn't even seem to want to touch it. My eyes go onto...Michael, seeing him still looking like he wanted to cry.

If anyone should've been on the verge of tears, it should've been Worth. Except he didn't look he was anywhere close to crying.

"How dare you bring this before me?"

"They're your possessions-."

"I can't use these!" He shouts in his face now, pushing his book bag onto the ground. I saw him look frustrated only to look at me suddenly. "You understand, right?"