² twelve

Nate .

"So...you were right."

I look at Micah as he has a proud smirk on his face. That instantly had me rolling my eyes because he made me sick.

"She offered for Worth to meet Malak, but without me." I tell him and I saw Micah purse his lips.

He sat back in his seat and his expression was interesting. I could tell he was genuinely thinking this through. Never did I think I'd be sitting before Micah, the one person who took away three years of Worth's life.

Now I was...working with him.

"You weren't thinking about letting him go by himself, right?"

"Of course not!" I exclaim harshly, seeing him raise his hands up in defense. "I...don't trust any of this. I got her that damn purse and she lapped that up with no shame, trifling. She tried to contain it, but couldn't help herself in the end. Now instead of bringing Malak to us, she's...bringing him to Worth. That's worse than what I thought would come from this."

"I know." Micah mumbles, leaning back forward in his seat. "She may be aware of your tactics because of me, and now she's trying to throw you off. She wouldn't usually do such a thing...but at the same time, this is her son."

"I don't care, she doesn't get to call him that."

Micah snorted, shrugging as he definitely didn't care if I said that. He just seemed to be considering all that was going on and what was to be ahead of it all. Because Malakai has to go back to court in a couple of days.

This? This is the last thing he needs right now.

"So...I think there is a way to go around this, but... I don't know."

"I want to hear whatever you got and whatever you have to say on this shit," I tell him confidently, seeing him raise his eyebrow, "Anything that benefits Worth...I want to hear."

Micah just nods slowly, seeming to try and take into consideration everything I was saying to him. He was in more of a deep thought and I even wondered if his continuous thinking would take up our time.

Until I saw him sit up in his seat so abruptly that it threw off the guards, but I remained still. Nodding for him to say what he had to say, he smirked.

"Malakai...just needs to be told the truth."

"I know-."

"By me."

I sat still, looking at him like he was a complete idiot, to be honest. I don't think he can be anywhere near Micah, not to mention... He doesn't know that I've been communicating with his brother like this.

He still believes I hate his guts, which, I do. I just hate him a little less the more he helps him.

And...I told him that the following day when I brought him right back here. Right before his brother as he looked just...over it all.

Makes sense.

"I'm telling you the truth about her, I'm doing that." Micah tells him adamantly after having told him more than enough on her, and I see Worth remain calm. "I've known about her since I fuckin' graduated. She reappeared when you were in school and I made her ass keep herself away from you. All she was, was a trifling woman who always tried to take what others had for themselves. Our mom, was gonna take your spirit away, and ruin your life-."

"So you did it to me instead." Worth interrupts him.

I saw Micah sigh in frustration, rubbing his hands over his eyes. There was clearly something more to it than I wasn't being told.