𝘚𝘪𝘹

My body slowly sank down the wall in the bathroom after hanging up

My body slowly sank down the wall in the bathroom after hanging up. Let out a loud sob getting out all of my emotions that I've kept for years. Thank God there's loud music playing, it would be embarrassing if someone heard my fugly cries.

The system is so fucked up. Why are they doing this to my mom. Some people have done worse. There are rapists and people who kill their partners and family who are still roaming around. School shooters who are walking around the streets of Chicago planning their next shoot on another school.

But they put my mom on death row for drugs? Drugs that people are still selling around and my mom's gonna die because of it. It's her dick of her boyfriend's fault that put her in jail. He threatened my mom if she breathed out a word to the police, he would come for me.

Now I'm never gonna see my mom again or even talk to her. Yesterday was the last time I heard her voice. That means I'm gonna hear her last words and that's it. She's gonna be gone forever.

I let out another cry. I wanna die. Then I heard knock on the door. Great now my sad girl moment is ruined. I went silent hoping the person leaves. "Hey Xee, it's Nabi. You've been there for almost 20 minutes, are you okay?" I shake my head in response. Oh wait she can't see me.

I dramatically crawl to the door and twist the handle as it opens. I ray on the door sliding with it open. Quite dramatic. Nabi went in looking around the bathroom. She turns around and sees me behind the door. Quite dramatic. Her face morphed into concern as she locked the door.

She crouched and gave me a hug as I cried all over again. We stayed in that position as she whispered sweet nothings into my ear.

We just sat there for God knows how long. Nabi has been nothing but a great friend, she's been there for me. She's never pushed me to do stuff that I didn't want to do. She's been patient and I think she deserves to know before I hurt myself.

"I have something to tell you." I sighed heavily. "I feel like you deserve to know before I do something stupid." Nabi turned to me as she prepared to listen. I took a deep breath. "I grew up with my mom and I never knew my dad until now but that's a story for another day, it's not the reason why I'm so depressed.

My mom did a lot of bad things as a teenager in order for us to have a roof on our head. She dropped out of school to take care of me. She tried to get good paying jobs too but she didn't qualify and she ended up doing other stuff. She became a stripper to earn money and the owner of the club used to look after me while my mom worked.

She ended up meeting a guy who brought her in the world of drugs. She got more money than her hustling at the strip club and she thought it was a good thing. She did illegal stuff and dealt with drugs. She got arrested and she's been behind bars for a couple of months. That's why I'm living with my dad." I paused a bit too emotional to go on and my voice cracked. "She called like thirty minutes ago and she gave me the worst news I've ever heard.