𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘖𝘯𝘦

It's 7pm and the sun has already started to set, I'm in my room completing a last minute research that I've been procrastinating on for the past two weeks

It's 7pm and the sun has already started to set, I'm in my room completing a last minute research that I've been procrastinating on for the past two weeks. "Please don't do this to me." I beg my Macbook to not give up on me as I see it hanging on for dear life on 1%. I noticed 2 hours ago when I started my assignment that I had left my Macbook charger at Leo's place. I shrugged it off hoping that I could finish it before my laptop shutdown. "Just the conclusion and I'll be done, and a few more minutes to submit it."

My mom already got back from work like 30 minutes ago, she works here in the building as an administrative assistant. I'm honestly really grateful for all Leo has done for my mom to the point it's making me feel guilty that I've been ghosting him the whole day. My heart drops to the core of the Earth when I witness the horror of it shutting notifying me that the battery is dead. "Shit!" I whisper shout.

I chew my lips in frustration and go downstairs. "Mom, do you have a charger? I need to charge my MacBook. "I don't even own laptop." She replies as she takes a long hit of her hookah.

"Oh yeah." I whisper and grab out my phone to text Leo.

Hey, are you at your place?

Yes.

My heart rate quickens. "Mom can you do me a favour?"
"What?" She asks.

"Um, I left my charger at Leo's and could you go get it for me please, just say I'm not at home, I'm with Nabi and I'll be back later."

"Why would I do that." She scoffs.

"Because you love me?" I smile sheepishly.

"Did he hurt you?"

"No."

"Did he impregnate you?"

"Mom, no why—?"

"Then don't involve me into your boy problems, I've had enough of those in my time." She takes another hit of her pipe.

"But mom." I whine.

"Why are you avoiding him, did he do something?" My mom questions.

"No, nothing bad happened, not really, well not to me."

"Does he know you're here? Did you tell him you're moving out?"
...
My mom takes a long exhausted sigh.

"So you're avoiding him?" She gets up from the couch places the pipe on the coffee table and walks over to me by the kitchen island.

"Why are you avoiding him?"

"I just heard stuff about him and I can't face him right now."

"How bad is it?"

"He's a suspect to Amaya's death, his ex girlfriend. So I saw him being questioned at school by the police."

"Oh my gosh." My mom worries.

"So I can't face him because I don't know what I'll say and now that I just left and didn't say anything."

"You can't run away from him forever and he'll get to you and it's gonna get harder once you reach there. Just go fetch your charger and tell him you wanted to leave because you wanna spend more time with your mom, he's gonna understand. Plus Ty's men have been quiet for a month now."

I hesitate for a minute. "Okay, I'll go."

♛♛♛
After a few rings on Leo's door he finally opens, his face having a mix of something like 'questioning as to why did I just leave without telling him'

"Hi, I came to fetch my charger." I mumble under my breath.

He opens his door wider allowing me to pass through under his arm since his hand to still attached to the door. I walk further in his penthouse and still he hasn't said anything but it's not like it's making me feel at relief it's just making it worse.

I go to my old bedroom and search for my charger later finding it still plugged on the wall under the desk. I pull it out and leave the bedroom met with Leo in the kitchen downing a glass of whiskey. Dramatic.

"I got it." I wave the charger in the air but Leo doesn't even spare me a glance. 'ok' I whisper under my breath without him hearing me.

I make my way towards the door but his voice puts me to a halt.

"So you're just gonna leave? And say nothing."

"Leo—."

"After everything that I did for you. You're just gonna walk out." He raises his voice.

"I just wanted some time with my mom."

"But there's a thing called communication, you don't just leave me hanging!"

"You were going to say no!" My anger levels pick up.

"Why wouldn't I allow you to spend a few nights with your mom?"

"No Leo. I'm moving in with her."

"What? Why? I thought we were okay here together."

"Moving in together was a huge step and it's too much for me. I need to be with my family and friends and do whatever I want. I feel trapped in here, I'm a girl who goes out to do stuff even on school nights and you're always questioning my actions like I'm some reckless child." I sob.

"Oh so you're making me the bad guy? For trying to keep you safe?"

"You've been saying! They're dead Leo, his men where never after me, I appreciate how you took precautions from the beginning but that's over, it's all done now and I think I can go back to living my own life. It's like you don't want to leave."

"I don't want you to leave."

"Leo, we're still teenagers you're still new to adulthood we can't move in together while our relationship is new what's gonna happen when we go to university next year what if I choose to study across the world from you? If you can't handle me being a floor across you then I don't think this relationship will work out." I sigh.

"So you're breaking up with me?" Leo scoffs.

"I'm saying we need time apart from each other." I pull the door open and walk out of his place.

AN:
Hey guys it's been a while, ik this is a short chapter I hope I'll be able to update some time next week. This book has a lot of chapters but now I'm here tell you that we have arrived.
The plot will start to thicken we're reaching the climax. Put on your sunscreen because it's gonna get heated.

Anyways I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter done forget to vote, comment and follow any thank you so much for the 12k reads I appreciate it so much. 🫶🏽🫶🏽✨