𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦

⚠️TW: Racism and strong racial language⚠️A knock woke me up from

A knock woke me up from. I remembered after crying l decided to take a nap. I hear the knock again and groan in dissatisfaction knowing it's my dad. "Xee, please open the door." He asked in a soft tone.

I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling in the dark since the sun set long hours ago. "Please, I made dinner and you can't go to bed without eating. I also want to apologise." He pleaded.

I slowly got up and dragged my feet to the closet looking for my slippers. "I'll be downstairs in a minute." I mumbled. I grabbed a black hoodie and put it over my head.

I walked out of the bathroom to clean my salty face from all the tears I've shed a few hours. I reached for the door and left my room walking out of my room. The smell of beef stir fry made my stomach growl.

I reached the kitchen with the food already dished up on the table and my dad patiently waiting for me busy in his phone. I took a seat opposite him as he placed his phone on the table.

"Look I'm sorry, for everything, for not being present the whole of your life. I'm sorry for not being there for your mom." He apologised. "Look, you're here now and I want to make up for all the times I wasn't present and when you said you'd kill yourself, it really hurt me. I don't want to lose the both of you."

I looked down at my plate moving the beef around the plate. "I know, I was just...really upset. I'm also sorry for scaring you. I'm also sorry for behaving recklessly it shouldn't be an excuse to my mom's death sentence." I apologised.

"I understand, some people deal with their stress differently. When I was a teenager I used to drink all the time and you're mom helped me out if it." He replied. After exchanging apologies to each other we continued to eat our dinner through a comfortable silence.

"Kieran called yesterday." I spoke while chewing my veggies. "What? What does he want now." He said frustration growing inside him. "As usual, checking on me, giving me empty promises and reassurance to try and get my mom out of prison." I replied. "What a dick." My dad scoffed. So are you.

"He actually called because my grandma has cancer and wanted to see me."

"So what are you gonna do." He asked.

"I'm gonna visit her, maybe it's also good to get some closure and make things right." I spoke.

"Well whatever makes you comfortable, I'll support it." He spoke.

I nodded in response. A knock sounded on the door. Who would have the nerve to visit so late in the evening. It couldn't be my friends because I was grounded and can't come over when I am.

"I'll go get it." I got up as my dad nodded in reply also getting up clearing the dishes on the dinner table. I looked through the camera screen by the door to see a girl holding a pizza box. Did dad order some pizza, even after we just ate? I shrugged it off, maybe the delivery girl got the wrong address.

I opened the door to see a girl in heels and short tight leather skirt with a see through top showing off her black bra and unnatural blonde hair seeing that her black hair her was growing on the roots.

She's not dressed like a delivery person. Probably a fling? My dad's fling. A date from few weeks ago. This fuckers' fucking up again.

"Sorry, I think you got the wrong address. I didn't order pizza." I smile sarcastically.

"Do I look like a fucking delivery person to you?" She replied bitterly.

"I don't know, things change, people change. There's even waiters that wear scandalous uniforms." I smiled trying to control myself from slapping her.

"You're really taking me for a fool? Actually who the fuck are you?" She rudely questioned.

"Shouldn't I be the asking you that?" I said giving back the same energy.

"What are even doing here in my boyfriend's house. Are you stealing? Or taking advantage of him? I'm calling the cops on you." She scoffs pulling out her phone. "You black people, you n*gg*s always causing trouble, trying to look vulnerable and innocent in front of the world. Such shit liars. Fucking assholes." She heavily insults me not stopping with venom lacing through her voice.

I've never received such discrimination in my entire life. The stabs of racial slurs this woman threw at me are as painful as hearing my mom's death sentence bringing back all the dark memories from Chicago. I was shocked at her flow of insults.

Without thinking I closed the door on her. Tears were blurring my sight as I couldn't control my sobs. My mind started spinning and my breathing was laboured. My chest was feeling tight and my throat was pounding in pain. I felt like my lungs we're going to collapse.

I didn't even notice that the lady stormed inside the house screaming at me. I couldn't even hear what she was saying as I cried in pain struggling to control myself.

"What the fuck Lory!"My dad screamed throughout the house.

"I called the called the cops on this fucking piece of shit for trespassing into your house. This fucking asshole!" She yelled.

"What are you talking about she's my fucking daughter!" My dad boomed in anger.

I saw her face changed in embarrassment. "But you said she's 7 and Italian, how was I supposed to know? I was looking out for you!"

"She is Italian! And I told you she's 17! Are you that stupid?" He yelled.

"But she's black?"She debated.

"She's Afro-Italian you dumb fuck!" He exploded.

"I didn't know." She mumbled.

"You didn't know? You fucking called me racial slurs and heavily slut shamed me!" I screamed crying.

"She what?"

"Your little fucking piece of trash is a racist!"

"She's lying! I didn't!"

"She's a racist and a fucking liar!"

"Lory, get the fuck out of my house it's over. I don't want anymore dates! You've gone way too far." He yelled.

"Babe I didn't mea—." She begged.

"OUT! Before I do someone I won't regret!"

She quickly ran out the door with her stupid pizza box. I was still on the floor trying to process the events that occurred. My dad came closer to me and sat down next to me.

"Hey, look at me, you're okay now." He comforted. He brought a bottle to of water and brought it to my lips. I slowly drank it trying to contain my breathing. "I'm really sorry about her. I didn't know she'd actually be here, I fucking told her that I'm not available. I promise you that you won't see her again. I'm really sorry." He apologised and brought his lips to my forehead.

Well damn.
What a shit father.
Hope y'all enjoyed:)