𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

I bolt through the hallway of the girl's dormitory and some girls give me a weird look

I bolt through the hallway of the girl's dormitory and some girls give me a weird look. I reach mine and Nabi's dorm and pound on the door after receiving an SOS message. She has to be here, right? That's what my phone says with her location. I search for the room keys and I open the door with it.

I stumble in and see Nabi laying on the floor in a fetal position. "Nabi! What happened? Are you okay?" I walk to her and crouch beside her laying my hand on her forehead. She doesn't look sick, is it that stomach issue she was complaining about?

She sobs incoherent phrases and points to the bathroom. I get up and walk myself to the bathroom and search around for anything that's making my best friend cry. My heart drops to the floor once I look at it.

A pregnancy test. Positive.

I run out of the bathroom and go to Nabi and give her a bone crushing hug. "It's okay, you'll be okay. I'm here for you and we'll get through this together." I continue to hug her longer and caress her arm.

"I'm literally so fucked I don't know what to do. Do you know this pregnancy can ruin my whole life. My academics, my scholarship and sports." She continues to sob.

"No let's not have a negative mindset right now okay? We won't do that, it's just the beginning, we can sit down properly after you're okay and think this through but you also need to tell Trey." I reassure her.

"No! We cannot, I can't that'll make things worse, I can't afford to do that! Please." She cries out.

"But he needs to know sweetheart, you can't suffer alone."

"He's made it clear he doesn't want children he has a whole future ahead of him and he can't have a distraction and so am I."

"So you're getting an abortion?"

"I don't know! I can't! What will my mom say? She's already in a financially tight position taking care of my sick grandmother and getting pregnant just made things worse. She'll be so disappointed, I'll lose my scholarship, I'll miss out on Taekwondo." She sobs harder.

"Ok, you need to relax, we'll think this through. My mom just moved into a new apartment and I'm gonna go visit her do you want to come with? And maybe we can tell her too and she could give you some advice?"

"Yeah, we can do that, I just need to get out of here."

After Nabi had gathered herself together and got ready, I go to the bathroom and take the test and hide it until Nabi has made the decision to tell Trey, we can't have anyone knowing about until she's ready to tell.
♛♛♛
"You could be having the time of you life celebrating with the volleyball team but you're here helping me get distracted." Nabi mumbles.

"I'd rather be with my friend anyway parties don't runaway, we can go to one when the time is right."

"More like after nine months." She says under her breath.

"Fine by me." I place my arm over her shoulders and give her a side hug as we head to my mom's new apartment.

After Leo delivered the news it was hard to process it. My mom came out of jail with absolutely nothing and with only the help from Leo. When I asked him how he made it possible he said I shouldn't worry about it. Sure he comes from a dangerous family and told me about it but it doesn't sit write with me that fact that my mom is staying in London without a citizenship.

I press the bell on the door and wait for her to open. The door opens with my mom on the other.

Her eyes widened when she sees me.

"Hi!"Her face full of shock like I've caught her red handed.

"How did you know I was here?" She asks as I make myself at home in her new apartment while Nabi follows behind me.

"This is my best friend Nabi from the first day and Nabi this is my mom Milani Quin."

"It's a pleasure to meet Miss Quin."

"Like wise, you can call me Milani." My mom smiles warmly.

"Make yourselves at home, well it's your new home now, if you want a break from your dad. I also cooked too much lunch do you guys want a plate?" Mom asks.

"Yes please." Nabi and I say in unison.

"Ooh you have a smart tv." I head to the living room and sit on the couch with Nabi following behind. I scroll through the Netflix and find a movie that I was planning to watch.

"Your mom got out of jail and her life is so perfect even." Nabi whispers.

"Yeah, she saved a lot of money and she's migrated here."

My mom comes over with two plates of hot food and two cans of soda.

My mom takes a seat adjacent from us and looks at the tv. "So when did you move in here? Why did you leave dad?" I ask munching on my food.

"Um, I just need my own space, plus we still have to work on some things and Rhea just announced her pregnancy and started planning to have the room I slept in changed into a nursery." Mom mumbles.

"She's pregnant?" I ask with shock filling my lungs and my mom nods.

This somehow triggers Nabi but she tries to hide even though mom and I notice well.

"Are you okay? You haven't looked well since you came here. Is it the food? I can make you something else." My mom attempts to get.

"No, no, the food is great, I'm fine."

"Are you sure you're okay? Should I tell her?" I ask Nabi.

"Well, I'm also pregnant." Nabi speaks.

"Oh sweetie, how far? Have you gotten morning sickness yet?"

"Five weeks, I have gotten really sick the past few days."

"Okay, it is a scary thing being pregnant in high school, it was really hard for me to tell Brandon, I actually got sick in front of him and that's when I decided to tell him. He seemed ready even though he was scared just like me and we dropped out of school and he got a place for us to stay at and raise Xara together.

It lead us both dropping out of school, because he didn't want to leave me behind so we could repeat our grades together. But few months later he was called by his family and had to fly back home for a few weeks and he didn't return, instead it was a break up letter with an eviction notice. Then I became a single mom."

This has Nabi becoming anxious.

"From Brandon's point of view he was forced to finish school at your boarding school, but I saw that he wanted to be a present father but we lost contact for years. My mom kicked me out and I had to hustle in order to put a roof on my daughter's head and food in her tummy.

It can be scary but it made me stronger and I'm proud of how I've raised my daughter even though I did bad things she didn't take after me, except for the looks." She chuckles.

"But what I'm trying to say." she continues. "Is don't be afraid and don't go through it alone. Yes you might be afraid because your family might be disappointed or you boyfriend might runaway but you should at least tell them because they might be surprisingly supportive. But there's also options for abortion and adoption.

And don't forget you have friends, they'll support you too, I'll try my best to support you too, if your mom and boyfriend abandon you, I'm here okay and you can stay with me and then you can go back to school." My mom reassures.

"I'd really appreciate it, I'll tell them." Nabi smiles wiping tears off her face.
AN:
Happy New Year 🥳
It's been a minute, hope y'all enjoyed this chapter don't forget to vote, comment and share. I'll see y'all soon.