𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘚𝘪𝘹

*A month later*

*A month later*

"We're only a month away from the school games and I'm really happy with the progress you guys have been making. Today is the day where I and the school have come to a conclusion with our selected players. You are selected in this team because of the hardwork you all have done for the past few months and this selection is to say I'm proud of you." Coach speaks.

"We all know that we don't have an official captain in the female team to represent us and after the team selection you will get those results." She concludes and steps off the podium. Everyone starts whispering at the announcement.

The coach comes back with the assistant coach and a two other student coaches that place multiple gift bags and flowers on the table assuming that they'll be gifted to the selected team. The coach went ahead and started with the male team and the rest clapping with every name announced. I watch the whole team take a seat and others stand behind them to take a few pictures. They all get off and were each given their gift and the flowers to the selected team captain of the guys team.

"Okay, now I'll be announcing the ladies." She goes ahead and calls the females and I feel a presence next to me. "How confident are you that you're selected for the team." Cassie snickers next to me. "I'm not gonna even bring up the captain part, because it's already mine." She gets up once her name is called as she's the second last one.

"Okay I'm sure you guys thought the captain will be called after the whole team is selected but it's the last name that on this card."

Damn, so I'm not selected for the team, and I don't stand a chance as the captain. I guess it's because I'm new and all these players have had experience in this school for the past few years under their coach.

Someone taps me on my shoulder grabbing my attention. "Xara you're captain." I come back to the real world and look back up with the whole team and other non selected players in standing ovation. "What? I'm captain?" I slowly get up and make my way towards the coach and makes me wear a brand new jacket with captain at the back.

I take a seat at the front row in the middle and the coach takes a seat next to me. I'm actually captain. The photographer stands opposite us and takes a few shots. Once that was over I got my flowers and gift bag. I see a few students walking towards me giving a congratulations. I look ahead and see Cassie glaring at me.

"Hey." I turn my head back to the crowd. Adonis, the captain of the males volleyball team. "Congratulations." He speaks.

"Thank you, I could say the same for you." I smile.

"Um, a few people on both teams are having some drinks later, I wanna invite you." He smirks.

"Um, I'll see if I can make it."