𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘸𝘰

The incessant ticking of the grandfather clock echoed through the stuffy office as I shifted  in my chair

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The incessant ticking of the grandfather clock echoed through the stuffy office as I shifted in my chair. I glanced around the room, taking in the framed degrees and neatly arranged books, a stark contrast to the chaos unfolding in my own life. Dr. Langford cleared his throat, breaking the silence that hung between us like a heavy fog.

"So, Leo," he began, his penetrating gaze fixed on me, "so how is your relationship going?"

I took a deep breath, steeling myself against the wave of vulnerability that threatened to consume me. "My girlfriend suggested we take a break from our relationship," I confessed, my voice teetering on the edge of defeat.

"And why do you feel she wanted a break?" Langford questions as he jots down a few notes.

"Basically the same shit Amaya said." I scoffed focusing on the grandfather clock, it almost 5pm, few minutes till the session ends.

"So you're gonna give her space, right?" Langford looks to my direction expecting a yes.

I nod subtly and look away from his eyes.

"Please do so, maybe it can benefit you both in the relationship for now just focus on yourself and your mental wellness."

I roll my eyes at the mental wellness bullshit, Dr Langford is always trying to hint that my condition is the reason why things happen in a certain way and that I should try out his treatment options. I'm taking the damn pills what more does he want? I'm definitely not going to waste my time on some in-patient hospitalisation I have other important stuff to do.

"I know it's 5pm and since you're my last consult for the day, I just want us to discuss—." He gets cut off the dragging on the floor.

"No, session's over." I walk out.
♛♛♛
The dimly lit bar provided a welcoming escape from my current shitty life, I see the only two people that kept me sane for that past years Trey and Xavier chatting among themselves, grateful for the distraction from my personal life.

"So we're all dealing with the same issue?" Trey observed, taking another swing of his beer. "I haven't seen my girlfriend for the past 5 days, she's not answering my calls or texts."

"Mine wanted a break and moved out, haven't heard of her since." I call up for the bartender to get me a strong beverage.

Xavier scoffs. "Unfortunately, I can't relate. She's everywhere, she begged me to go play tennis with her at the county club. I see her everywhere and dad is making her move in with us and we  need to be engaged before Christmas."

"So Trey you have no idea why she's avoiding you?" Xavier questions.

"I have no idea and it's driving me crazy, she doesn't look mad at me or anything she's looks like kind of hiding something from me." He huffs in frustration.

"The people I'm trying to avoid are the police." I mutter.

"Dude were you also questioned by the police?" Trey beams in questions grabbing attention from people around the bar.

"So was I, the police is trying to make up a puzzle that the three of us were involved in Amaya's death." Xavier complains.

"I feel like Bailey and her friends were the ones who either pushed her or had her take her own life, because that night I was at school with the basketball team, we had a meeting regarding the year 7s who wanted to try out for basketball." Trey confirmed.

"I was at home having dinner with my family, back then my dad saying that I should get married so that I could take over before he hits the clock." Xavier sighs.

"Leo, you were here that night, I remember running into you but you seemed in a rush." Trey questioned.

"That night one of the girls in Amaya's class told me that they saw her here at school and she was scared and badly injured, so I came running looking for her around the school, but when I got there they found that she jumped or maybe was pushed." I confess as I run my hands over my face.

"Damn, you never told us that, did you tell that to the police?" Trey asked again.

Xavier jumps in. "Maybe the girl can be brought in I'm sure that she has something that could help in their case."

I shake my head. "She's a nobody, I couldn't recall her face."

"Well I'm sure you'll see her around and maybe she—."

"Can you just shut up." I cut Trey off. I get up finishing my last drink slightly stumbling over my feet and leaving the bar.

As Leo and I began our time apart, a new sense of independence enveloped me, igniting a flame of determination deep within

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

As Leo and I began our time apart, a new sense of independence enveloped me, igniting a flame of determination deep within. With this newfound freedom, I immersed myself in my training for the upcoming sports games, channeling my energy into improving my skills and technique.

The volleyball court became my sanctuary, a place where I could pour my heart and soul into every strategic maneuver. I dedicated myself to grueling practice sessions, each bead of sweat and laboured breath a testament to my unwavering commitment.

Though memories of my relationship with Leo lingered, they no longer held me captive. My focus was set on the future of my sports career, I stood ready to showcase my strength and resilience with each powerful move, proving that I was a force to be reckoned with.

After practise I met with Serena and Nabi at the country club near by they were at a table looking through their menus, I grabbed a seat and look through mine.

"Leo was here." Serena speaks. My heart skips a heart with the mention of his name. I don't know if it's the anxiety or me slightly missing him.

"Was he looking for me?" I question a small part of me hoping he was but at the same time wasn't.

"No he wasn't, he left Xavier and Trey at the bar. He saw us though but didn't greet or anything he looked upset." Serena replies before she waves to call a waiter to take our orders.

After we ordered our food and drinks Serena continued with the conversation. "I think those whole Amaya case is frustrating because we think all three of them were questioned."

"Obviously, they were all close to Amaya, plus it's a precaution but I think it's definitely Bailey, Maddison and Cassie, because that video is going to get them in a lot of trouble." Nabi joins in.

I start to feel guilty for thinking Leo could be the behind her late girlfriend's murder. Why would be do that to someone he loved. Nabi is right it's just a precaution, people who were close to the murder victim always get questioned.

"Even if they didn't push her, they'll still be charged for assault." Serena concluded as the waiter placed done our drinks and plates of food.

My phone started to buzz and I notice a notification from an unknown number and I feel my face pale.

Unknown: You can't get away that easily.