Chapter 22

Chapter 22: What to cry

Thirty times abstaining from the whip, Huo Xiao was barely able to move after lying down for half a month. During this period, many people came to offer condolences, most of which were accusations of the ninth prince's lewdness and brutality.

It would be fine if he was nostalgic for Fengyue before, after all, most of the young masters in the capital had some hobbies, but this time Zhou Huaiyan humiliated the general guarding the frontier for a lowly alien slave.

The nature is different. There were even several ministers who wrote to complain about the matter, which caused a lot of trouble in the city.

"Grandpa, these are the list of people who came to visit me. Your Highness is really smart, and there are indeed some problems with the people inside."

In the study, Huo Xiao put the envelope on the desk, looking hesitant,

"It's just that alien slave..."

"Look at this first."

Duke Wei took out a stack of paper from the box. Huo Xiao took it and looked at it.

"Jiangnan Yun Family...?"

In the Zhou Dynasty, there were many large rivers and developed waterways. The Yun family in the south of the Yangtze River operated shipping for generations, and almost controlled the waterway of the Zhou Dynasty.

Back then, the daughter of the Yun family went to the north for business. She encountered an alien invasion on the way. When she escaped from the snowfield, she was about to give birth. She gave birth to a baby boy with green eyes in a farmer's home in the north.

Huo Xiao was shocked,

"That alien slave is actually a direct descendant of the Yun family. If so... Does Your Highness know about this?"

"Otherwise, do you really think he's so fascinated by those eyes that he can't find Bei?"

Duke Wei snorted softly,

"That kid looked stupid and foolish, but he was actually as smart as a fox. Even the people around this old man dared to deceive him."

After that, he glanced meaningfully at He Jin, the silent butler next to him, who just bowed his head respectfully and did not answer, which was regarded as a default.

At the beginning, Duke Wei asked He Jin to check A Fei's life experience, but the latter sent the results to Zhou Huaiyan immediately.

It was only later that Duke Wei became clear, but he did not break it. As a prince, it is better to have a deeper mind, if Zhou Huaiyan really wants to step on him to ascend to the throne.

Jiang Yi is also willing.

Throughout the ages, if you want to fight for the supreme position, you need soldiers and money. The power of the Yun family can not only control the breaking of the line of troops, but also hold the wealth of the country.

This move is very good.

Now that the identities have been checked out, Duke Wei does not want to discuss this matter any more.

"Have you checked the changes in the north?"

Huo Xiao knelt down on one knee,

"My subordinates are ashamed. Only those who colluded with aliens were found hiding in the army. The specific person has not yet been determined, but the people in the army cannot reach the capital. The participants in this assassination may not be in the Quartet."

【Quartet...】

Duke Wei's eyes were slightly sullen. On the bright side, there were the Yanzhou royal family and aliens, and there were people hidden in the army. There was only one left, who else would it be?