Chapter 44

Chapter 44: Ninety-nine Buddha Lamps

    In August, midnight, in Kunning Palace.

    The queen in a gorgeous phoenix robe stood in front of the Buddhist hall, staring at the bodhisattva enshrined in front of her.

    "Niangniang, it's getting late at night, you better rest early."

    "..." The

    queen didn't answer, but just turned to look out the window, her eyes blank and indifferent,

    "Yanzhou, is there any news?"

    " As the Queen Mother wished."

    Hearing this, the woman was startled, with a look that seemed both painful and happy.

    "My aunt, do you think it's wrong for this palace to do this?"

    The maid bowed her head, her voice was soft, but firm.

    "The maiden thinks it's right, it's right."

    "Oh...it's wrong, and I can't look back now." The

    queen sneered and wiped the moisture from the corners of her eyes.

    "Of course, this palace will never look back. The next thing... just follow the original plan."

    She took out an old peace talisman from her bosom, which was slightly worn, as if often Being fondled in the hand.

    "Yu'er, look at me from the sky."

    Zhou Huaiyu, the queen's only son-in-law and Da Zhou's only prince, died suddenly ten years ago.

    At the time, he was only nine years old.

    "Niangniang..."

    The maid's brows were faintly distressed. But at the moment, the queen seemed to be completely immersed in the painful memories of the past. She suddenly turned around and grabbed the arm of the aunt,

    "Why do you say he doesn't believe it?! Why doesn't he believe it?!! Yu'er clearly is His child, how dare he! How can he get such a hand?!!"

    The woman seemed to be caught in some kind of inextricable whirlpool, and her expression was like madness,

    "It was clear that he was the one who married me instead of me, and insisted on begging me to the late emperor, but why, why did he kill my child again, why... "..."

    "Niangniang? Niangniang?!!"

    Seeing this, the maid looked anxious, and quickly took out the medicine bottle from her cuff, poured a few pills into her palm, and immediately stuffed it into the queen.

    The woman was forced to swallow the pill, and in just a few moments she seemed to have all her strength drawn and collapsed to the ground. The big palace maid quickly hugged her and skillfully held the person in her arms.

    The queen held on to the peace talisman in her hand, her face was pale, her eyes were wet and red, and big tears fell down. She kept trembling, and she shouted with trembling in her mouth,

    "Yu'er... Yu'er Where are you, why can't the queen mother find you, how, why can't she find you..."

    After an hour, the aunt finally coaxed the queen's wife, who was sick again, to sleep. Looking at the pale face of the master, she sighed softly. He got up and closed the curtain, then quietly backed out.

    The maid of the palace looked serious, and instructed,

    "The Empress was just too worried and felt unwell. She ordered to come down. Tonight, Kunning Palace     will light ninety-nine Buddha lamps to pray for blessings."