ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙

Warning: First of all thanks for reading. English is not my first language so there may be some mistakes. There are some swearing words along with sexual words and scenes. I might make some mistakes because I'm new to Formula 1 and I tried to research everything before writing but some things are hard to find (I accept any help you can give me tho).

Every character and name are merely representative and I do not mean to insult anyone, but someone will be the villain (or not) so if it's your idol I'm sorry. Some family names/birthdays are made up because there are pieces of information that are, obviously, not made public. Some facts and results may be changed to better fit the story.

-

December 26th, 2021 - Perth, Australia

Daniel Ricciardo POV

I thought the last 14 days would be my end. I had to quarantine with Alice to be able to see my family after almost 2 years of not being able to get into my own country. I've been going crazy, I know people will think I'm weak but I don't know what to do, sometimes she never stops crying, she seems to hate everyone, especially me.

I was with my ex for a year, then she got pregnant, I love kids so I wanted to be a dad, I'm 30 and even though I can travel a lot I thought we could handle it but I was wrong, the whole pregnancy she was a nightmare and incredibly entitled. Alice was born on March 21st, and my ex left when the month ended. So there I was in the middle of Bahrain with a newborn and a new year of F1 starting.

I started to hate myself, I love her so much but I'm never enough. I have babysitters, and even the guys are always with her when interviews have to be done but she is always crying, a lot. I can't even sleep right. These last two weeks quarantined in that hotel room were hell. Now we are all finally reunited at my parents' house.

Everyone picked her up for the first time ever and my mom and sister cried. Isaac and Isabella opened my Christmas gifts all excited and I opened all of the gifts they got me, even the ones from last year even though they showed me on facetime what they were.

"I was tired of always seeing you through a camera. You look really tired" Michelle says while we took a walk around the backyard.

"I'm exhausted, I'm not a good dad. She hates me" I say and she looks worried.

"Daniel! Don't say that, babies cry. All the time. That's how they are" She says and I shake my head.

"She does more than that. I even took her to doctors because her pediatrician thought she might be sick of how bad she screamed. Babysitters quit one after the other. I'm desperate" I say running my hands through my hair.

"I have a friend who specialized in childcare. Maybe she could help you. She is Issac's teacher and Isabella loves her too. Kids are really attached to her"

"Maybe, I will think about it. Let's go inside, I have to prepare her bottle" I say and she nods.

"Did Britney say something after she disappeared?" She asks and I nod.

"She signed her rights away. She is no longer Alice's mom, just biologically. Her name was taken out of everything" I say and she looks relieved.

"Things will get better. We will help you as much as we can" She says and I nod.

"I know. I hope so, I can't handle this anymore" I say and we head inside.

I missed being with all of them so much, we talked and played games with the fireplace on and Christmas movies playing in the background. This is what I needed to relax. I was feeling relaxed for the first time in 9 months. Until she started crying, my mom picked up the bottle and left to feed her and I feel relieved.

"You seem like a shadow of yourself" My dad says clearly worried.

"I am- I don't know what I'm doing wrong" I say and he rests his hand on my shoulder.

"Being the only parent is a hard job but if someone is capable, that is you. Babies are not universal, maybe she is just grumpier than most babies. Her mom was always in a bad mood, that must count for something" He says and I let out a laugh.

"It surely didn't help" I say and Isaac sits on my lap.

"Miss Caddel would make her calm down, she is the best" He says excitedly.

"And who is Miss Caddel?" I ask and he seems happy I asked.

"My teacher, she is the best. She is funny and pretty" He says and I nod.

"So, are you trying to be a cupid? Me and Miss Caddel should talk?" I ask and he gives a shy laugh.

"I would like to see Miss Caddel forever, if she is my aunt then it's perfect" He says and starts jumping around.

"She is pretty, I will give you that" Michelle says letting out a laugh.

"Don't be shy, tell him the girl is gorgeous. And kids love her, you might need someone like her for you and Alice" My mom says getting in the middle of the conversation.

"Thank you all for the matchmaking, but I think my Tinder app broke down for good" I say and they laugh.

"Son, I don't like seeing you like that. You can't do all this alone. Formula 1, traveling, a baby. You are gonna have a mental or physical breakdown. I worry about your well-being" My mom says now with a serious expression and I take a deep breath.

"I'm still trying to figure out what to do, I don't have all the answers yet. I can't leave my job and certainly can't leave my daughter too, I have to find a way to make it work" I say and they agree.

"Maybe a live-in babysitter or personal babysitter, whatever they are called" My sister says and I'm Interested now.

"What is that?" I ask confused.

"It's like a babysitter 24/7, she would live and travel with you. Some people would totally do that if the paycheck was good. That would be way better for you" She says and I nod.

"I have to look more into it, talk to some agencies and see what I can get" I say finally thinking I may have some way to make this work.

"I will talk to Iris, she must know someone willing to do that. She is in the childcare business so she will be even better than an agency" Michelle says and I nod confusedly.

"Who is Iris?" I ask and she let out a laugh while Isaac comes running.

"Miss Caddel's name is Iris. Isn't it a rare name?" He asks excitedly.

"Do you have a crush on Miss Caddel?" I ask and he blushes before running to play with his sister. All we could do is laugh, who never had a crush on a teacher?