ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟟

Daniel Ricciardo POV

"I don't know these things work. I am not into the actual dating scene" I say as Scotty was delighted to know I have a dinner date with Iris and I am just frightened. I can't fuck it up.

"You don't need to know how it works, just be you. People like you. Don't stress it so much, she knows more about you than most people do. She lives with you and she cares for your daughter, she obviously likes you for you" Scotty says while walking through my hotel room.

"Do you think it would be that easy? Have you seen her last night? She is drop-dead gorgeous and I am a single dad trying to survive life. She was the one who helped me get my life on track" I say nervously and he laughs.

"You are not just a single dad. You are Daniel Ricciardo. You are a great friend, brother, son, and uncle. You are also a hilarious guy, you are very handsome and you are a Formula 1 driver. I said all this and I haven't even hit the surface of the person you are. Don't underestimate yourself, you will be just fine" Scotty says as he looks inside my suitcase.

"What do you think I should wear?" I ask getting up from my bed and looking at my clothes too.

"First, you have to figure out where you are taking her. If it's too fancy then it may be best to go a little more formal. Some jeans and a buttoned shirt" He says and I nod thinking where I wanted to take her.

"I know a place I think she would like, it has very good food" I say more excitedly and he smiles.

"Then that's the one you should take her too"

I made a reservation and thanked god I know the owner or I wouldn't be eating there. I spent the afternoon with Scotty and Chloe but they left so I could get ready. I took his advice, I just put on a buttoned shirt with some patterns and jeans. I knocked on her door exactly at 6:30 and she opened it quickly. Oh, god. She is gorgeous. What am I doing? I look like shit next to her.

"Is a dress too much? I knew it was too much, I should've never listened to Anna, give me 5 minutes, I think I have a more simple dress" She was rambling and I didn't even have more than 3 seconds to answer the questions

"Is a dress too much? I knew it was too much, I should've never listened to Anna, give me 5 minutes, I think I have a more simple dress" She was rambling and I didn't even have more than 3 seconds to answer the questions. I just held her wrist when she was starting to head inside her room.

"You are gorgeous. I was too stunned to even answer. I am sorry. I am the one who didn't dress for the occasion but I didn't have many options in my suitcase" I say honestly and she smiles.

"I can go change, I don't even know where we are going" She says pointing to her room and I shake my head.

"Please, don't. You are stunning, there is no need to change and you are definitely dressed accordingly to the place. We are going to Society" I say as I stepped aside so she could leave her door frame.

"Society? That place is expensive, we can go to a cheaper one. I wouldn't mind. Are you that well connected to the point of making a reservation with only a couple of hours of warning? They are always booked. My parents wanted to go there for their anniversary dinner in a month but the waiting line is almost 3 months" She mentions as we walked to the elevator and I nod.

"I know the owner. On which day is their anniversary?" I ask looking at her once again, she is way too good for me. God damn, she is gorgeous.

"The 15th of May, 30 years. My dad wanted to splurge. I was going to pay for it as a gift"

"That is a good gesture" I say as we finally headed to my car. 

The drive to the restaurant was funny with some comments we both made on the way. We got there and we were led to the table. The restaurant is obviously luxurious but it has a very dark decoration and atmosphere. 

"This is something else. My mom would love the decoration, she loves black if you haven't noticed" She says as we looked at the menu.

"I think she would adore it and black looks good on everyone, I can't blame her" I say putting my menu down.

"Have you been here a lot?" She asks also putting hers down.

"The owner has a few other restaurants and he invited me to the opening of one of his restaurants and we became friends. I never asked for a favor so he granted me this one pretty easily" I say leaning back and watching her in detail.

That didn't last long because the waitress appeared and we placed our order.

"I will come back in a bit. I need to take care of something" I say getting up and she nods. I head to one of the tables in the back and there he was. Chris Lucas, the owner of this restaurant.

"She is a beauty" He says after shaking my hand and I nod.

"She is, she has also been helping me out with Alice so I am trying to cause a good impression" 

"I think you already did. Is there anything else I can do for you?" He asks curiously.

"Could you take a look and try to find a reservation on the 15th of May for two people?" I ask and he lets out a laugh.

"In which name should I put on the reservation?" He asks taking out his phone.

"Richard Caddel" I give him a smile and he nods.

"That's a good way to cause a good impression on the in-laws" He laughs and I nod.

"I should go now, thank you for both favors. Let me know if I can help you with something" I say looking at Iris who just seemed to be looking around and taking in the details.

"I won't forget it, enjoy the night. You deserve it" He says giving me a pat on the shoulder and I leave for our table.

"So, is that the owner?" She asks as I sat down and I nod.

"He is. I also took care of the reservation for your parents. There is no need to worry about it" I watch as her smile grew wider.

"Thank you Daniel" She says putting her hand on top of mine on the table and I smile.

"They deserve it" I say as I see our wine arriving and I thank the waitress. 

My heart was racing just from her touching my hand. Am I back to being a teenager? Jesus. She will drive me crazy.