ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟

Daniel Ricciardo POV

After Michael left I had an hour or two to prepare things for the afternoon. I prepared everything so we could have a picnic on the ranch, Alice never had any of this and I think it would be great. With some shadow, it would be a nice temperature to enjoy the view. 

"What's that?" Iris asks entering the living room and seeing the picnic basket ready.

"I was thinking of having a picnic while we are out, I think she will like it. What do you think?" I ask and she happily nods.

"I think she will cherish it. I can't even remember the last time I had one. That will be fun, do you have everything ready? Can I help with anything?" She asks while Alice carefully played with her hair.

"I did everything. I have drinks, milk, sandwiches, some sweets for us, and some fruit salad" I say excitedly about my own idea. I missed planning things.

"Let's go then. I will take her in my arms, she is still in the crawling phase and I don't her stroller will help much in the middle of the ranch. We can trade midway" She says and I nod.

"I will take her once you need it, there is no problem. I can do just fine, I would take her all the way but she seems to love playing with your hair and focusing on you" I say and she smiles looking at Alice who smiled too.

"Do you like my hair baby? You are so cute" Iris asks with a baby voice and Alice laughs.

We all had sunscreen and we put a little hat on her and she kept at least while we were walking with no available shadow. She was loving it. She pointed at stuff and we would tell her what it was and she just babbled. It is the most communicative I've seen her be. I was genuinely happy. Iris told me about how she was an only child, she never traveled much, and then she heard me talking about my job, she looked genuinely interested.

We stopped to eat before heading back. I put the towel on the shadow of one of the trees and we sat on it. Alice was crawling all over it and eating what she found. I got a call from McLaren and I took a few steps away to take it. I informed them of Iris's presence on the weekends and probably everywhere I would be. They were cool with it, Zak sounded relieved I found someone to help.

When I turned around I saw them together on the blanket. I took a picture because this is what I felt Alice should've had if life was fair. If her mom wasn't so selfish, she could've had a mom. But now she has Iris and I believe she will be just fine. I have the means and Iris has the knowledge, In these important years she will have a good feminine example and then Iris will be able to leave her own life.

 I have the means and Iris has the knowledge, In these important years she will have a good feminine example and then Iris will be able to leave her own life

"I took a picture of you two, do you mind?" I ask when I sat back down and my daughter crawls onto my lap.

"No problem, if you could send me the picture I would like it. Do you mind me taking pictures of her or you two?" She asks now feeling unsure.

"No problem. You can be completely comfortable with that. I am used to having my pictures taken and I would love for some candid pictures with my own daughter" I say excitedly and she laughs.

"I don't think everything should be documented but pictures never hurt anybody so I always take them to keep memories close. She will love to see the pictures when she is growing up" Iris says while giving small sandwich pieces to Alice.

We talked for a long time and when we were arriving I saw my dad's car in front of my house. I found it weird. I looked inside and saw them sitting in my living room. Dad, mom, Michelle, Isaac, and Isabella.

"Hello there" Iris says as we opened open the huge window that connected the living room to the outside. I put down the picnic basket and kept Alice in my lap as both of them ran to Iris.

"You are looking very pretty in that dress Miss Caddel" Isaac says completely red on his cheeks.

"Thank you so much. You look very handsome today too" She says happily.

"You and Alice are matching. Can the three of us match?" Isabella begs while pouting.

"Of course we can love. I will buy the same dress for us to match" She says while heading to the couch and greeting my family. "I didn't know you were coming"

"We just wanted to stop by and see how it was going, we wanted to know if you were sticking by and how Alice was doing" My sister says nervously, she definitely felt like she came at a bad time.

"You look so much better son" My mom says looking at me.

"Since she got here I had two full nights of sleep and was able to go for a run and have time for myself. I am doing way better" I say proudly.

"I knew Iris would be perfect for the job. Has any decision been made?" Michele asks looking at Iris.

"I and Daniel agreed we would like to go ahead with the deal. We are compatible and we get along great so I think this will work out just fine" Iris says and I notice the happiness on their faces.

"Well, we are very happy with that decision. We are very sure everything will go out just fine. What were you doing? Went for a walk?" My dad asks curiously.

"We went for a picnic, Alice loved it. Look at the picture I took" I say showing them the photo from earlier and they are awed.

"That's so cute. I'm glad she will have a woman to help her. I know you could do it alone but I think this is beneficial for both. I am not putting you in a motherly position Iris, don't get me wrong" My mom says quickly regretting her own words.

"I will be with her for long hours, I am glad you see me as a good example, I also believe maybe she needs a woman in her life too. I understand what you are saying and I agree, I don't find it insulting" Iris says calmly.

And this is how it all started...