ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟡

Daniel Ricciardo POV

Having Iris with us made a complete difference. Alice was so much calmer. She was happier. Alice took her for a walk every day, played with her, and knew everything she had to do to improve her learning skills, she tried to communicate a lot and I adore my daughter now. I didn't dread each day that came by, I loved seeing Alice having breakfast all happily, she was almost an angel now. 

She still had tantrums but they were manageable. Iris sometimes exercised with me and Michael while Alice slept and she was good, she told me she used to exercise at home too before work so it didn't surprise me that she had such a good figure. Right now, I'm heading to McLaren for work. She stayed with Iris in the apartment I'm renting while we stay here. 

"Hey! You are looking good. This last month did wonders for you. Is Alice giving you an easier time?" Lando asks as we got out of our cars at the same time.

"I got a live-in nanny, she was a kindergarten teacher, and she is miraculous. Alice has a sleep schedule, she has playtime, and she has a whole meal plan. She is my life savior" I was lighter than I ever felt this last year.

"But how old is she? Because something is bound to happen. She must be single if she is living with you" He is clearly trying to insinuate something and I just rolled my eyes.

"She is 26, so I don't think she wants a guy 6 years older and with a kid" 

"Women don't care about that shit as much as men do" He says shrugging not really bothered.

We went into the headquarters and Zak was waiting for us. We got into talking and then went to work. It was a good day overall, I wasn't as pleased with the car as I wished but I am starting to doubt my place at McLaren either way but I will stand by until the end of the contract. When the day was over I drove over to the apartment and Lando came too because he wanted to see Alice, he adores her.

"Iris I'm home and I have company!" I warn as soon as I go in and I hear Lando laughing.

"It must be good to have someone waiting. The old 'Honey, I'm home' is sounding different" He teases amused and I laugh with him.

"Hey there" Iris says showing up with Alice in her arms. She sees Lando and she smiles wider. "I'm Iris, you must be Lando"

"Well, I should say that you are gorgeous Iris. Daniel conveniently forgot to say that part. I am Lando indeed" He says shaking her hand.

"Thank you, Lando. You can come in, we were just on the living room" She says turning around and leaving to the living room.

"She is something else, uh?" Lando says winking at me before following her.

Iris is gorgeous, there is no doubt about it. I have seen her in a few undesirable states. Messy hair, pajamas, almost thrown up on because of Iris. She was gorgeous still, I had no doubt about that. There are still a lot of things I have to see about her but her company is enjoyable, she is great, she is funny and she laughs at my jokes.

Lando stayed with us until dinner. When dinner ended he left, and we bathed Alice to start her bedtime routine as usual. She fell asleep and both I and Iris went into the balcony, I had a beer and she had a Coca-Cola, she didn't want to drink alcohol.

"You went from summer to winter, how are you adjusting?" I ask worriedly and she smiles.

"I am doing fine, it could be worse. Jetlag and a baby are complicated but we can make it work. I can't believe you've been doing it alone for those months. I can understand the exhaustion" She stops looking at the view and looks at me and I smile.

"I have you now, I will do more than survive" 

"You did great, you didn't just survive. You took care of her, you played well with the cards you were given. I don't even know how you did all that, your job isn't easy but I will try to make it easy for you. You can focus on racing and all that" She says putting her hand on my shoulder as some kind of comfort.

"I believe that. You have been a lot of help already, believe me" I say letting out a laugh.

"You pay me well enough, it's fine" She says shrugging and taking a sip of her drink.

"I'm still grateful. Do you miss home? I never asked if you had any commitments there or about your family and all that" I say looking at her and she shrugs.

"It was just me and my parents and I already lived alone so they supported the decision. I let go of my apartment and gave them my furniture and they put it in my childhood bedroom. They are pretty relaxed. I have a few friends, my best friend was excited, she said I had to get her tickets so she can come to see me. My dad idolizes you, he always watches the races" She says with a huge smile.

"We can make it happen. I will definitely get them tickets to come to the Australian Grand Prix but we can schedule another race she would like to see and your parents too. That would be great. I don't want you to be isolated" I say excitedly.

"Oh, my dad would love to see the race in Australia. He never went because he hates spending money unnecessarily, and I am not isolated. I always Facetime everyone when you aren't here" She says laughing and I laugh with her.

"I will take care of it. You can call them even if I'm here. I don't care about it. You are free to do whatever you want, just tell me if you need anything. I will transfer you money if you want to do any activity with her" I say calmly and she nods.

"You are a nice boss" She says letting out a laugh.

"I don't like that word. You are helping me raise my daughter, I consider you a friend and I hope you feel the same" I say honestly and she smiles.

"I do, I really do. You are also a great friend Daniel" She smiles and I smile back.

I like having her around, the last few weeks have been fun. I really hope she stays for at least this whole year. She is great with Alice and I really need her here. I haven't felt lonely since she is here. I have time alone but never felt lonely or abandoned like I felt while with Britney or even after I was left alone with a newborn. She felt like home in some type of way and I liked it. I feel like we will be good friends.