ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟚

Iris Caddel POV

We arrived in Australia and Daniel said I deserved a bit of time with my family so he went to his parents' house and I went to my parents who proudly waited for me.

"I saw you so many times on tv, you looked great" My mom says after hugging me and I see Anna, my best friend coming in my direction. My parents adore her so I am not even surprised she is here.

"You look so good with Daniel. It's so cute" She says excitedly.

"No! Don't say that in front of him. That man pays me my salary, don't make me get fired, I like this job" I say fearful of what she might say in front of him.

"The man is gorgeous. And he likes you. I can see it in his eyes even through a camera" My mom says defending Anna and I laugh.

"Let them be. They are young, they have all the time in the world. We will meet him and we will not touch this subject" My dad says shutting the subject down.

I told them how the last few months have been, I told them all the countries we've been to so far, and how crazy it was during the weekends. My dad was so happy to hear about it. I spent the next week with them, I exchanged messages with Daniel and some with Michelle because they both sent me pictures of Alice. 

I arrived at the paddock with my parents and Anna, I greeted everyone I knew, which were a lot of people by now. I got into the hospitality where his family was and they started talking, I saw Daniel with Alice and I went to pick her up while she slept.

"You are looking good. Did you follow the usual bedtime routine?" I ask happily.

"I did, a complete lifesaver. Thank you" Daniel says giving me a kiss on the cheek. 

"Our parents are socializing already" I say pointing at them and he nods.

"I will go greet them. It's good to have you back, I missed you during this week" He says before leaving and I smile.

"Thank you for helping him and Alice. He is so much happier and healthy and she is so much well behaved" Michelle says when I sat down next to her.

"It's my pleasure to help them. Where are the little ones?" I ask looking around and not seeing Isaac and Isabella.

"They are with my husband, looking at the cool cars" She says laughing.

"Of course they are, all Isaac used to do was brag about how his uncle drove cool cars and sometimes kids would be so impressed at how fast Daniel drove" I say laughing.

"That man is even better looking in person. I don't know how you are playing hard to get, if he kissed my cheek he would be kissing my other cheek tonight. You won the jackpot" Anna says sitting by my side and I start to blush, this woman has no sense of opportunity nor does she seem to know how to keep her mouth shut.

"Anna, this is Daniel's sister, Michelle. I told you about her" I say giving her a threatening look and her jaw falls.

"I am so sorry, had I known I would've waited before making this comment" Anna says shaking her hand.

"No. That's totally fine, I am rooting in that way too. Everyone seems to be on board for the future of their relationship" Michelle says letting out a laugh.

"Thank god! I didn't want to pretend like I regretted what I just said" Anna is clearly relieved that Michelle took her words in a funny way but I still would choke her if I could.

"I'm going for the practice. Your parents are already going to the garage with mine. Wanna come or will you go to the motorhome?" Daniel asks a few minutes later.

"I will be there if Alice wakes up before it ends. Good luck" I say giving him a smile.

"Go to the motorhome then, in here fans can sometimes get in and make you uncomfortable" He says and I nod getting up.

"I will go with you. Anna deserves to see it all from the front" Michelle says and Anna follows Daniel happily.

I stayed in the motorhome and watched the practice while talking to Michelle. Alice started waking up when the end approached and I looked at her at the same time that a smile grew on her face and she stretched her arms to touch my face gently and giggled.

"Mama" She mutters and I am in complete shock.

"Oh God" Michelle says also surprised. I didn't know what to do or say so I just explained myself before I got fired for crossing boundaries.

"I swear I didn't teach her to say mama. How did she know what to say? Oh my God" I say in complete panic.

"No! No. We would never think you taught her that. This is just amazing, it's part of the process and the fact that she was abandoned made me think she would never call anyone mama" She says with watery eyes.

"I will try to reason with Daniel and make him realize this was an accident and we will see how we proceed from here" I say nervously.

"You don't need to do that. Daniel wouldn't be mad, he will be emotional probably but I think it was a beautiful moment. How do you feel? Because that must be too much. You have no kids yourself, if that makes you uncomfortable that is enough to try a way to stop her from saying it. That is definitely what you should be discussing with him" She says holding my free hand.

"You are right. I will talk to him about it" 

"Are you talking about me?" I hear Daniel's voice and I almost jump out of the couch.

"Yeah. We need to talk" I say nervously.

"Mama" Alice says while playing with my hair and giggling. I just wanted to dig a hole and put myself inside it for the time being.