ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟜

Iris Caddel POV

I was in the hotel room to change into a dress with Anna by my side. My makeup was finished so I stared at the dress I had bought when we went shopping this past week.

"Isn't this color too much? Won't people get the wrong idea? Isn't the whole dress too much?" I ask doubtful of the dress I loved before.

"Honey, it's a party full of Formula 1 drivers, the dress needs to be too much. The color just clearly shows who you are there with, Daniel Ricciardo and McLaren. People already think there is something more so fuck them. It looks good on ya babe, you are wearing it" She says rushing me to put it on so I do it.

 It looks good on ya babe, you are wearing it" She says rushing me to put it on so I do it

It looked good so she was right. We go for a cab and go there to find Daniel. I see him talking to Max, Lando, and Charles. Anna is quick to join them. Daniel turns around and I see the surprise splattered on his face. He slowly looks at me up and down and nods smiling.

"Never has McLaren been this well represented. I'm jealous" Lando says showing a hint of surprise.

"I'm going to take that as a compliment" I say letting out a laugh.

"It definitely is, if you weren't here with Daniel I would definitely buy you a drink" He says leaving his space next to Daniel and I sit there.

"This must be the famous Iris. I am Scotty, his best friend" A guy says appearing from god knows where.

"Hi! You are the guy he is always on the phone with. Nice to meet you" I say shaking his hand pleasant with the introduction.

"That one too" He says laughing and sitting on the other side of the table.

"You look amazing" Daniel says as the guys were already in another talk, probably continuing the one I interrupted.

"Thank you. Is the color too much?" I ask nervously.

"No, I am wearing the same color on my t-shirt" He says giving me some space to see the drawing on his shirt.

"We are matching, great. That is unexpected" I say letting out a laugh.

"A drink for the hottest babe here tonight" Anna says giving me a cocktail and a beer for Daniel.

"Thank you. You look very good too Anna, thank you for coming" He says in appreciation and she smiles.

"I am here for me. Time to get myself a good man" She says before disappearing in the middle of the people dancing. She is a piece of work.

"This must be Iris. You two make such a great couple" A brunette says excitedly as she arrived at our table, I have seen her somewhere, she is probably dating a driver.

"They are friends, I already told you" Max says as he got up to give her a quick kiss and she seats by his side. Kelly Piquet was the brunette. Undoubtledly gorgeous.

"We were friends too. I love the matching color, Max is not a fan of those things. By the way, how is Alice? Penelope has been asking about her, she wants to be the first to have a playdate with her, she is waiting for the day they get to be friends" Kelly says excitedly, she is actually pretty nice and gorgeous.

"She is walking, she is still very clumsy but yes. She is also saying her first words" I say picking my phone.

"You were a teacher, right? Would you mind helping me with some behavior issues that P has? I and Danil have been looking for someone and Max commented on it in a talk" She asks curiously.

"I can definitely help you, maybe we can schedule a breakfast in the next city, Penelope sees Alice and we can chat about it" I say happily and she seemed delighted.

"Thank you, you are an absolute angel. Good choice Danny" She says winking at Daniel and then takes Max away from the table. It was just me and Daniel because everyone has apparently left the table while me and Kelly talked.

"You look absolutely stunning, I never thought someone could look this good in orange"He seemed completely stunned and I smile.

"You've mentioned before that I look good but thank you, you always look pretty great" I say flattered, I mean of course anyone likes a good compliment.

"Let's have some fun" He says getting up and we mix with the people, Anna smiled and came in my direction.

"Your dear boss was loving the outfit. I hope today is one of the days as friends" She says smirking and I shake my head profusely.

"He is being nice but I know I look good" I say shrugging it off.

"He can't stop smiling anytime he looks at you. He is not being nice, he is keeping his distance to be respectful. Drink a bit more and get some courage to dance with the man. He is too gorgeous for you to miss out on that chance" She says giving me two shots which I drink a bit doubtful.

"You always think any guy wants to get in my pants. You are not a reliable source" We both laugh as I said it.

"That's because most guys want that. I would want to get in your pants if I was a man. I saw at least 10 guys checking you out since Daniel left your side. You are hot and a beauty, accept that, and let's make Daniel there understand that he is the one you would choose tonight" She says tapping my ass and trying to push me in Daniel's direction.

Which backfired as I hit a person's shoulder. The guy turns around worriedly and I am now embarrassed. He is clearly trying to see if I am fine and if I didn't break my nose in the process, I didn't.

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to do that" I say apologetically and he smiles.

"Are you okay? You almost fell" He asks still looking at me while trying to find a flaw.

"I am fine, just a little pain on my nose. I will live" I say letting out a laugh.

"Well, I can forgive you if you let me buy you a drink" He says smiling and I try to think of an excuse to avoid the offer. He didn't strike me as someone I should trust.