ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟛

Daniel Ricciardo POV

The word came out of my daughter's mouth I saw how my sister tried not to smile and Iris seemed like she was caught red-handed. It made me smile seeing how smart Alice actually is because I know no one taught her that word, but it also broke my heart because I don't know if she will ever have someone she can call mom.

"We can talk in my room" I say calmly and she nods giving Alice to my sister.

"I'm so sorry. I swear I don't know how she said it, I never said that word in front of her" She says nervously as soon as I close the door of the room.

"I know it wasn't you, she is smart. She heard Isabella and Isaac calling Michelle that, she probably learned it by watching them for the last few days" I say letting out a laugh.

"Jesus! I thought you would be mad at me, I swear I am not trying to impose. I am so sorry it happened" She says clearly relieved and I smile.

"It's fine, I thought I would never hear her say that word so it was bittersweet. You can do whatever you feel comfortable with. You can just deny when she says it, she will probably understand what is happening. When the time comes and if you are still helping me then I will try to explain why that is" I say searching for my water and drink it while she seemed to be giving it a thought.

"I will think about what would be better for her. Thank you for always being so calm and understanding" She says relieved and smiling.

"Your parents are really nice. Your dad was extremely excited about every little thing. I loved it, my mom wants to have dinner together, both families and Anna. She is very nice and very opinionated" I say the last part teasingly because Anna has a big mouth and she doesn't have a filter. 

"Oh no. What did she say?" Iris asks fearfully and I laugh.

"Very interesting things, but the most important one. The night of the race we will all do a party at my house, my parents will keep Alice until Monday afternoon. They are excited about it. And you have to come to the party because Anna said you needed to go out and have fun"

"No! I won't do that. It's your personal life and I have nothing to do with that. I will Anna to mind her own business and to keep those thoughts to herself. I am so sorry about her" She says embarrassed and I find myself smiling, I like seeing her out of place. She is always so composed and perfectly put, but now I don't feel so bad about myself.

"You are coming, I would very much like to see you on my personal life too. You said you saw me as a friend, forget the boss thing. Let's be friends, let's have some fun, we deserve it too" I say excitedly and going for the door.

"I can do that" She says happily.

The day went by quickly and soon we found ourselves having dinner together, Alice was on her chair, she was between me and Iris and she giggled sometimes.

"I never wanted to see you with anyone after Britney but god, you two look amazingly perfect together" My mom says and Iris laughs.

"Let's not play the cupid, everyone knows that kids will do anything to go against their parents' wishes" My dad says and I laugh, he was right. I did that a lot as a teenager.

"I know, I was just teasing them. I am very glad that you have been helping our Daniel, he was going through a lot but he looks healthy and good again. He looks well-fed. I heard you are a great cook too" Mom says looking at Iris who smiles.

"I only came to bring good things for both of them. He can focus on his job and career and our little Alice will have all the attention she needs" Iris says happily.

"We hope you have fun on Sunday, you both deserve it. Look out for my girl like she looks out for yours" Her dad says and I nod.

"Oh, he takes good care of her. Look how happy they both are" Anna says making everyone laugh and Iris gives her a threatening look.

"We will be just fine" Iris says smiling and I nod.

The conversation went around various topics until we finally decided to rest. Isabella slept in my sister's lap and Alice slept in Iris's arms. We said our goodbyes and I went to my car, even though we are in Australia it is still not that close for me to be driving every day to the circuit so everyone is staying in hotel rooms that I reserved. 

"Are our rooms connected? I will keep her for the night and you can check on her if you want" Iris says as I opened the car.

"They are always connected. You might need help and it's easier. I will put her in her seat and you can go the passenger" I say picking Alice from her arms and she nods.

"That is a good idea" She says walking around the car.

We went to the hotel, gave Alice her shower and she fell asleep quickly afterward, she had eaten, and she had a clean diaper so she was happy. I kissed Iris on the cheek and went to my room, took a good shower, and as soon as I lay on my bed I fell asleep.

The next 2 days went by quickly, being with our families is fun, her parents are funny and love to watch everything, and my parents are just like them. Attention was on us as it usually was, having her family here cemented rumors that we are a couple but that is not where my focus is.

The race day arrived and I got 6th, I expected better but this is the best the car would give me. I miss being on top, I miss having a win. I think this is starting to take a toll on me but as soon as I arrive at the garage and see Iris with Alice in her arms it made me smile. I picked her up and she was giggling.

"You did good" Iris mutters and I smile.

"Thank you" I say kissing her forehead before turning to my parents as they hugged me.

"I have to go for the interviews. I will be back in a bit" I say and they nod. And I left. I think the party will be the best part of the day.