ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟡

Daniel Ricciardo POV

A few minutes after we left the ice cream I chuckled and she looked at me like I was crazy.

"Is this silence funny or was the situation funny for you?" She asks confusedly and I laugh.

"Nah, I find it funny that we both have shitty exes. I started to think I was the only one with baggage" I say giving her a smile and she laughs, which makes me smile more.

"Everyone has a shitty ex or a shitty someone. Mine is him, but I never remembered he was a fan, even though now I clearly recall him cheering for you when we were together. This is a dig that I am proud of, he will be remembering this until his death" She says proudly.

"So, how long did it last?" I ask interestedly and she shrugs.

"Two years, it was a waste of time but at least I went for it. I didn't expect him to be a scum but he was, we broke it off 2 years ago when he said I was going nowhere if I wanted to work with children. He explicitly said I had no future. I guess he was wrong, I hit the jackpot with you" She said it cautiously but I laughed.

"Are we only talking about the salary or the fact we are on a date right now? Am I the jackpot as our boss or your future boyfriend?" I ask smugly and she stops to look at me.

"Do you know any woman would be lucky to have you? Because it's true, you are really something else. I mean funny, smart, good-looking, you have it all. You would be the jackpot to anyone in any way. But I consider myself lucky to have you in my life, even if we stay as friends" She says reaching for my hand and I smile. 

"I am pretty lucky to have you, but I've said it enough times already. I am here whenever you need me, if he shows up again just tell me. I will take care of it, he already seemed defeated. It's not like he could compete with me" My confidence was high and she giggled.

"He definitely can't but there is no competition here" 

We got to the car and went back to the hotel. We would get our stuff and stay the week at my house before leaving the following Monday for Italy where the next race would occur. We both got out stuff, I paid for the room and went to my car. It took me almost two hours to drive home but it was worth it. 

"Daniel!" I hear her calling for me on the hallway while I was laying in bed after a good shower.

"Yeah?" I ask getting up and opening the door, seeing her in some pajamas and her hair still a bit wet.

"Do you want to go to the couch and watch a movie? We have popcorn, chips, and ice cream. Also, Alice isn't here so we can have a late night.

"Is this our second date already? On the same day? I like it, let's go, let me grab a shirt" I tease her before heading inside.

"I will go make the popcorn"

I hear her footsteps as she left for the kitchen and I met her a few seconds later, she looked adorable but the messy bun on her head didn't do her justice when it decided to destroy himself and she opened the fridge. I helped her bring the food to the couch and we searched for a romantic comedy but instead we decided we would instead start watching Friends together which meant this would be something regular, which turned out to be true. 

Everyday, no matter how busy it was or in whatever city we were, she would put Alice to bed and join me in my room for an episode or two of friends. She would sometimes lean her head on my shoulder and all the times we would hold hands for the most part of the episode. We were like a couple of teenagers, but it felt good. There was no pressure for something serious, there was no rush and it was fun, genuine and kind of innocent.

"Dada" Alice says still clumsy running in my direction in my room. Iris had left to take a call and the little was clearly in need of attention as she usually is. She is a way more cheerful and happy kid now, thank god.

"That was fast" I say when I pick her up and she giggles.

"Where Mama?" She asks looking around for Iris. Iris decided not to reprimand her for calling her mama so she is mama now.

"She is talking to her mama, she will come back" I say calmly, it apparently teaches them words more easily. She knows mama, dada, what, where, okay, no, and yes. A wide vocabulary must I say.

"Okay" She says nodding and pointing to the floor. I put her down and she starts running out of the room to which I follow her. Lando was getting out of his room too and he laughed when he saw her speed.

"Is she late for something?" He asks amazed by her apparent determination to wherever she was going.

"I don't know, I think so" I say following close by and she stops at the top of the stairs looking down at them, the dreaded stairs.

"Mama!" She calls and I wanted to make her understand Iris was definitely not going to hear her because she was outside taking her mother's call.

"No. No. That is way too dangerous" I hear Iris says as she appeared at the bottom of the stairs and started climbing them to get to Alice who laughed and looked up at me with a smile. She knew Iris would come, are babies that smart?

"Oh, now I get it" Lando says laughing out loud and I try not to do the same.

"What? Is it funny that she is just staring at a bunch of steps?" Iris asks with a pleased Alice in her arms.

"I'm sorry to tell you but she wasn't going to go down those stairs, she was just calling for you my love" I say winking my eye at her.

"That is not true, she is a baby, she was scared and she called for me" Iris says skeptical.

"I was here and she was definitely not scared, she was pretty determined" Lando says before going downstairs.

"I won't blame her, it was a pretty cool trick she used there. I will see you in a bit" I say kissing her forehead Alice giggles as I kissed her cheek.

I went to the garage because the second practice for the Spanish GP would start soon.