ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟜

Iris Caddel POV

Watching Daniel's car as he hit the wall made me enter panic mode. I know this can happen and everyone was trying to comfort me until they saw that he didn't move for what felt like an eternity. But then the medical team gets him out and try to get his reaction as I watched on the screen in front of me.

He had his neck immobilized which worried me in itself. Suddenly the doctor raises his hand doing a thumbs-up and I could feel the relief in the room.

"What was that? Does that mean he is okay?" I ask as I held a crying Alice in my arms but I made sure she didn't watch anything, she was stressed by the environment. The sudden silence and tension made her cry, she is a baby but she can feel these things.

"It means he is conscious and responsive. He will be taken to the medical center" Zak says as the tension left his body.

I saw Daniel trying to move and then he was taken away. I left Alice with a team member who insisted she stayed there and now I'm finally hugging Daniel after two excruciating hours waiting for something to be said. But he said he loved me so it means he heard what I said to Lando.

"How do you feel?" I ask as I take a step back to observe him.

"Better than ever baby. I'm sorry if I scared you, shit happens sometimes" He says as he pulls him in for a hug once again.

"You heard what I said" I was basically informing him more than I was asking.

"I did but you know I love you too. I meant to say it but I also got cold feet" He says as he kisses my shoulder and then my neck.

"McLaren has obviously allowed you to skip media duties for today. We need to get Alice and then we can cuddle until Monday when we can get on our flight to Monaco and we will relax until Singapore comes by the end of the month" 

Daniel nodded and we did as I said. He talked to some team members as I went to get Alice. We showered, had dinner in our room and Alice fell asleep soon after.

"So, we love each other" I say nervously as we lay in bed preparing to watch our show.

"We do, and I am glad it's reciprocated because I don't imagine my life without you anymore" He says as he looked at me with his huge gorgeous smile.

"You need to stop paying me to watch her, that is not a good dynamic for a relationship" I laugh as soon as I stop talking and he does too.

"I will stop paying you if you agree to use my card to pay your expenses, it's that simple" He knew I wouldn't accept it but I could say yes and simply not use it because I barely have expenses anyway, the money he paid me was more than enough. I mean I've made 75K a month, and I have 750K sitting on my bank account. I can use it for clothes or whatever I might need.

"That's fine by me, stop being my boss now. You are my boyfriend and she is my baby" I say kissing his cheek.

"I am indeed your boyfriend and I will stop paying you a salary but I will make a copy of my card for you. Now we will be watching out show so I want your head in my lap so I can touch your beautiful hair" He says kissing my cheek.

"No! If you start touching my head I will fall asleep. I want to watch the show. I will give you my legs and you can be there" I say putting my legs across his lap and he nods.

I rest my head on his shoulders and feel his circular movements on my thighs, he was relaxed and I am so glad this accident didn't have bigger consequences for him. We spent the next few weeks in Monaco until we had to go to Singapore, which Daniel was excited about. I was at home, I was taking care of our suitcases while Daniel went out with Alice since she was feeling fussy and going to the park cheered her up. I heard a knock on the door and I open it to find two police officers there.

"Good afternoon" I say confusedly.

"Good afternoon miss. Can we talk to Daniel Ricciardo?" The older officer asks and I shake my head.

"He is not home, he took his daughter to the park" I say worriedly.

"Are you Iris Caddel?" The younger one asks with a hint of suspicion and I nod.

"Yes, what is happening?" I ask more confused about why they knew my name and why they are here.

"Miss, we need you to come with us and answer some questions" The older one tries to grab my arm but I take a step back.

"Am I under arrest? I need to know what is happening please" I say scared about what is going on now.

"We can put the cuffs on you, we are trying to make it easy. We have a few complaints made against you regarding child abuse and endangerment. We need the contact of Mister Ricciardo and you do need to come with us, we don't want to cuff you but we will if we have to" The older officer says and tears grow in my eyes making my vision blurry. Who the fuck said that I had hurt Alice.

I went with them and gave them Daniel's number. I didn't ask for my call because I don't know a lawyer in Monaco and no lawyer in Australia could help me for hours. I sat in the interrogation room and they got in a few minutes after.

"Please, I would never hurt Alice. She is my daughter, I couldn't hurt her. This has no fundament" I feel sick to my stomach.

"The mother of the child in question made the complaints" The younger one said confused.

"No. No. Her mother gave up her rights a month after Alice was born. I am her mother, that is not correct. Don't you search for those types of things?" 

"She has photos of the child with bruises and crying in your arms. Do you care to explain?" He asks as he puts the photos in front of me and I gulp nervously.

"That is a misunderstanding. You certainly have kids or had them, you know how they are. She started walking properly so she runs around and she falls. The photo where she is crying is from the beginning of the month. Her dad had an accident and she was crying, there is no abuse there" I try to defend myself but I know they weren't buying. 

What the fuck is going to happen now?

I Got U ☼ Daniel RicciardoOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara