ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠

Iris Caddel POV

The time to take over the job started. It's 2022 and my new job is promising, Daniel is a very nice ma, Alice is a very cute kid and his family is awesome. I made my bags and settled in the guest bedroom. When I got there Daniel was training with Michael and Michael had Alice in his arms while ordering him around.

"Good morning. And happy new year" I say happily, they stop what they are doing and I take Alice from Michael's arms.

"Happy new year. Ready for the new challenge?" Michael asks excitedly and I nod smiling.

"I will be just fine. I will make you two breakfast, come inside whenever you want. I will keep this cutie pie occupated" I say kissing Alice's cheek while she giggled.

"Thank you" Daniel says giving me an honest smile and I smile back.

I fed Alice, who was just happy to have company. Her favorite show was on and sometimes she stopped her eating process so she could clap when she felt happy. I think she just needed a different approach. Daniel and Michael arrived after an hour or two. She was already playing on the floor while I watched, sometimes it's good to let them be, she was safe so I watched with Michael. She sees Daniel coming to the kitchen after a quick shower and starts crawling to him.

"Daniel!" I call picking up my phone so he could have the memory.

"What happen-" He interrupts himself when he follows my gaze and sees his little girl crawling to him, he kneels down and with the of his hands she gets up and very clumsily gives her first steps before he hugs her.

"That was amazing" Michael says completely surprised and I smile.

"And here comes the most difficult part. When they learn how to walk it's hellish. They get 10 times worse" I say while Daniel came in our direction.

"Please, tell me you recorded it" He says with emotion in his eyes, he was proud and he was almost crying.

"I did! It's the cutest thing on my phone right now" I say sending him the video as I said it.

"I can't believe she did this" He says clearly still processing it. He sits down and starts eating with her on his lap.

I receive an invite to join their family chat and I accept it, soon after I see Daniel's message to the group.

Daniel: The first day of my savior in this house and the little one started to walk. I will let you all with the cutest video of 2022.

After that, everyone was between melting for Alice on the video and thanking me for helping them. The Ricciardo' are the best family I've met. They are chaotic but they are so sweet. Michael left when breakfast was over but I would see him tomorrow anyway.

"This wasn't how I planned my year to start. It is going very well" Daniel says after putting Alice in her play area.

"I think 2022 will be a good year, you are looking way better than when I met you" I say confidently while I helped him with the dishes, he washed and I dried them.

"I look better? Well, you always looked pretty good if I might say" He says entertained and I laugh.

"Come on Daniel. You don't need me to tell you how good you look, you are a Formula 1 driver, you are full of women saying that" I say not preoccupied with his self-esteem.

"Nonetheless it would still feel a hundred times better coming from you" He says looking me in the eyes and I get nervous. Why am I nervous? I shouldn't be, he is my boss. That's all there is to it.

"You are a very handsome man Daniel. You don't need to worry about that. I stick by the popular opinion on your appearance" I make us both laugh and the moment is lighter. I feel like we have pretty similar personalities so it's easy to avoid awkward conversations.

"You are probably the most gorgeous woman I ever saw in person if it's appropriate for me to say it" He says with a huge smile and I nod laughing.

"I don't quite believe it" I say before leaving for where Alice was. I sit by her side and we play for a bit before I have to do lunch.

I went into the kitchen and I hear Daniel's voice, I looked at the living room and saw him trying to play and engage with her. He is a good father, undoubtedly. I made lunch and thanked Daniel for his open-space concept, it made my life easier. I looked at them sometimes and I smiled, she is his little twin. When lunch was ready I set up the table and Daniel put her in her chair.

"So, what are the closest plans we have?" I ask while we were eating.

"I drive for McLaren so I will have to go to the UK on the 10th and stay there until mid-February. Have you been to the UK?" He asks looking at me with interest.

"I never left Australia, so this year will be way out of the regular" I felt a mix of excitement and nervousness. Will I like planes? Will I get too jetlagged? Will I get fired on the other side of the world?

"It will be overwhelming at first. I can guarantee you that. But I will do my best to make sure to not overwhelm you even more. You can come to me with any worry or preoccupation. Tell me if you feel overworked or exhausted" He was being serious, as serious as he could be. And I appreciated him for it.

"I will make sure to remember that" I say giving him a smile, to which he reciprocates.

Did I tell you that his smile is contagious? Because it is. When he smiles or laughs it makes the whole room light up, he is such a good person and I am happy he is no longer a shadow of himself. He deserved better than what he was given. The cards he had on him weren't fair but I hope to help him ease the burden, he deserves a break. He had the world's weight on his shoulders and now I see him finally relax.

He told me what he had been through generally on the picnic. Nobody should leave their newborn child, neither a mother nor a father. But I'm glad she did, if she stuck around it could have been way worse for Alice.