ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟠

Iris Caddel POV

I should admit that the food was delicious. We had some small talk, Daniel also told me a lot about his childhood and the teams he had been in before. Daniel is a good guy, better than he probably should be for his good.

"I feel like you were supposed to come into our lives. I mean we were a total mess before you came around, I was seriously thinking about not going to Australia, I was thinking about giving up on my career to focus all my attention on her" He says leaning back on his chair while we waited for dessert.

"I believe in that but I also know that you would've found a way. You are not a quitter. I am very thankful to have you in my life. I never thought I could be traveling the world while making friends, and having fun while working. I absolutely love Alice and I love spending so much time with you. It's the best job I've ever had, it doesn't even feel like a job" I tell him as excitedly as I felt about these last months.

"You can stay by our side forever if you want to. I want you to know that you are not obliged to be here just because we work together. And if this doesn't work for some reason I hope we don't get awkward, I think communication between people is the key to solving most problems" He says clearly nervous and I smile.

"Working for you would just make me say no quicker but I can't really ignore whatever there is between us. I'm done with settling and playing safe. I took the risk of coming here and casually going on a date with the man who pays my salary. I am nervous but I don't feel pressured" I say putting my hand on top of his on the table and he smiles.

"I think I would've never done this but I also don't remember ever feeling like this for someone. I have to take risks and inviting you here was definitely a nerve-wracking decision. But I like your company, I love it actually" He says giving me his gorgeous smile. I love his smile, god damn it.

"You got out of a pretty bad relationship and you have a kid to raise so I think there is no need to put a title on this because I think that will make us nervous. Besides, we are not in a normal position, we live together and I'm helping you with Alice, she is calling me mom and every day is a date already" I laugh as soon as she stops talking and I couldn't help but laugh too.

"We didn't have the most typical start but I do think that we shouldn't be focused on titles, whatever we end up being is only up to us. When the title comes it's probably because we both feel the same. If it doesn't work at least we tried"

Dessert came and it was as delicious as the rest. Daniel is an easy person to talk to. We left the restaurant about an hour after dessert which is pretty cool. Living with Daniel made this first date funnier because since I know everything we are both left telling embarrassing stories about ourselves to avoid the uncomfortable silence that could take place.

We went outside and decided to go for a walk before leaving in the car, it would help us digest food.

"I enjoy being with you, only a few people can match my energy and be as funny as me" He says as I looked up at the stars.

"I mean, I really do think this is why we get along so well" I say letting out a laugh.

I noticed that Daniel never took the initiative so I brought my hand closer to his. I watched as he lowered his gaze to look at our hands, his smile widens and he intertwines our hands. When he looks back at me I smile at him.

"I should be the one doing this but I am nervous about rejection, which is pretty new for me" He says walking a bit closer to me.

"I understand but I will just tell you now that I probably won't reject any advance you make. If you feel like the time is right then I probably think the same" I say pleased with the atmosphere we have here.

"I will take that into account next time. Do you want an ice cream?" He asks pointing back and I think he was referring to the ice cream shop we passed 5 minutes ago.

"Yes! Please" I say turning around and almost dragging him with me as he laughed.

"I will bring you something as a surprise. Stay here" He says excitedly entering the store and I laugh. I pick up my phone to see what time it was and it marked 10:30 PM.

"Iris? I didn't expect to see you here. Wow, you look amazing" I hear a male voice saying, a familiar one, so I turn around to find my ex-fiancé there.

"Oh. Alex. You look good, I guess" I say clearly uneasy with his presence near me.

"I- Hm- I tried to call you after things ended but I guess you were busy. Do you want to go inside and get ice cream? What did you like? Was it mint with chocolate chips?" He asked and I was angry now. I hate mint, in everything. I don't know how I spent 2 years of my life with him.

"That is not going to happen. I ignored your calls for the last year for a reason. I am also busy so you should just keep going" I say looking inside and trying to see where Daniel was. Shit.

"Are you with someone else?" He asks curiously.

"That is none of your business. Take care of your life and I will take care of mine. Leave" I demand impatiently. I don't want Daniel and him to see each other.

"Iris. Are you dating anyone?" He asks once again and takes a step in my direction so I take a step back.

"She told you to leave. And she is with someone else so bye-bye" I hear Daniel's voice and I am relieved to know Alex was leaving but I dread having to explain who he was.

"Daniel Ricciardo. I am a fan but I never knew she had you as a friend" Alex says obviously taken aback as he takes a few steps away from me.

"She has me as her boyfriend now. That is all you need to know. Thanks for the support by the way" Daniel says before turning his back on him and giving me my ice cream.

"Thank you" I whisper as we left the place. This will raise some questions but at least the ice cream was divine.