ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟚

Iris Caddel POV

Dating Daniel didn't mess much with the dynamic we already had. Most people thought we were already dating, but Anna was more than pleased that we decided to take that step. Alice is getting more tricky, she is very smart and very attached to me. She is very social but when afraid or nervous she immediately turns to me. 

"She really has unlimited energy" Daniel says after we took about an hour to lay her down.

"She is a good kid. She will be very smart, it will either be very difficult or very hard when she grows up" I say as I joined him in his bed and lay my head in his chest.

"She definitely is very smart but I think she will be just fine" He says as he put on the show where we left it at. His arm was around me and I felt comfortable and safe in his arms.

"McLaren and you are cutting ties? Are you good with that?" I ask a few minutes later and he nods.

"They are paying me to get out earlier, I will still get the money I would've made next year. I'm talking to some teams but I'm not that confident I can get into a good team. I think I will probably have to sit next year out. Which I'm fine with because then we can all be in Australia" He starts running his hand through my hair as he calmly said it and I smile.

"Well. I think I will have a year off too then" I jokingly say and he leans to the side so he could see me. 

"I will never fire you. You are stuck with us. I also have enough money to pay you that salary for years even without coming back to Formula 1" He kisses my forehead after he said it.

"You won't need me, you don't need to pay me that much. I will keep showing up and if you need me just tell me, I'm your girlfriend too" I say happily as I intertwine his hand with mine.

"But you still need money for your bills, for whatever you want. I won't fire you" He insists confidently.

"Almost all of my paycheck is going into savings because you pay everything. I can survive a year without working, easily"

"We will see about that" He says as we start to pay more attention to the tv.

We went to Los Angeles for summer break, we stayed there for two weeks and I met a few of his friends, which was very fun. Then, we went to Australia, we met with both families and some friends for the first week, and in the second he brought both families to his house so we could have fun and have a little gossip session.

"You two look great together. I've never seen Daniel this happy" His sister says as we were outside watching the kids as they had fun.

"We are happy, I think we are compatible and we also made sure to have a strong friendship before taking this chance. 

"That man is so hooked on you" Anna appears with some cocktails and we laugh.

"Why?" I ask curiously on the sudden information.

"He was inside talking about how great you are. Your dad was loving it. Both moms were delighted" Anna says excitedly and I nod.

"I hope so. I like Daniel a lot too, he must be one of the few good ones left"

"Do you like Daniel or do you love Daniel?" Michelle asks curiously. I get that she would feel like she has to know these things but will I admit it out loud? Love is something dangerous.

"I mean- Should we be talking about love two months in?" I ask nervously. I don't want to be too much for him but he is not here too. He wouldn't find out, right?

"Of course you should. Besides, you can trust us, he is not listening" Anna says curiously and I take a deep breath.

"I kind of love him, I just don't know how to say it so when it's time I will probably say it" I admit and a smile appears on their faces.

"I am glad. He deserves love. A non-complicated and non-dramatic love. He has been through hell. He loves you too, I can tell" Michelle says proudly.

"Mama! Food" Alice comes in my direction running, she falls on the grass twice before finally making it here.

"Let's go baby" I say picking her up and going to the kitchen with her.

"How is my pretty girl doing?" Grace asks as she looked at her granddaughter who was clapping her hands while waiting for food.

"She is hungry. That I can assure you" I say letting out a laugh. I put Alice down and give her the food she usually snack on during the day.

"Yes" She says before heading off to where her cousins were.

"Iris" I hear Isaac saying as he enters the kitchen and I look at him curiously.

"Yes, Isaac?"

"Are you with uncle Daniel?" He asks shyly and I nod.

"I am indeed. Why?" My curiosity was peaking because he seemed so nervous and it was cute. 

"Nothing. He knew I had a crush on you but I also knew he had a crush on you. Do I have a chance once I am an adult?" His innocent question made me burst out laughing and so does Grace as her grandkid clearly was interested in the answer.

"We are almost 20 years apart. I don't think that would work honey. Besides, I hope to be with your uncle once you are an adult too" I say as I straightened the mess his hair was in.

"Uncle Danny is so lucky" He says as he pouts.

"What happened?" Daniel as he gets inside the kitchen and sees his mother still laughing.

"You are Iris' boyfriend so you are very lucky. She says we can't be together when I grow up because I am too young for her and she will be with you either way" He complains to Daniel who laughs.

"I got lucky, that is true. Sorry about that little guy" He says as he messed up Isaac's hair that I had just straightened.