ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟝

Daniel Ricciardo POV

Iris was ridiculously gorgeous tonight. Orange has never looked this good on anyone and I don't know what the fuck to do. I am completely attracted to the woman who is babysitting my daughter. I can't risk losing her, she is great at what she does and she is almost miraculous at her job. I haven't been this good in a year. I am having fun, I can live life and I can be with my friends. All while having a healthy baby girl and a gorgeous woman who lives with me. I am fucked.

"Stop overthinking it. She just bumped into another guy while trying to come in your direction. You should step in before you blow this chance away" Scotty says interrupting my train of thought. I look in her direction and there was definitely a guy that wasn't there before.

"Is she okay though?" I ask trying to see if she got hurt and he laughs.

"She is fine. But you should check it out personally" He says pushing me in her direction.

"Well, I can forgive you if you let me buy you a drink" The guy says being a bit too smug for my own taste and it rubbed me the wrong way honestly.

"Are you okay love?" I ask apprehensive of her reaction to what I decided to just call her.

"I'm fine. I was going to join you and I bumped into him. I got distracted" She says taking two steps to my side and further away from him. This is good.

"Sorry about that mate. Won't happen again" I say in a dismissive note to see if he would leave and he did pretty quickly.

"Thanks for that, he was giving me a creepy vibe" She says letting out a laugh.

"I could sense that. Are you really fine? Can I get you another drink? You seem like you need one" I ask looking her up and down. Her dress was intact with no stains so no alcohol was spilled.

"I could use another drink. Can I join you? Anna abandoned me" She says looking around and I nod.

"You are more than welcome by my side" I say giving her my arm so she wouldn't trip.

I gave her the drink and we went into the VIP area so we could dance, everyone was there so it was way nicer and calmer. We danced and talked to everyone for about an hour, we laughed when we saw Lando in the DJ booth. Iris touched my hand and I turned to look at her.

"I'm going to sit for a bit" She whispers in my ear so I could hear through the music and I nodded.

"I am going with you" I whisper back grabbing her hand so we could go to the table.

"I drank way more than I usually would. Anna gave me a shot anytime she saw me, she is too focused on getting me drunk today" She says letting out a laugh as we sat down and she looked at Anna who dances with a guy I don't even know.

"Why would she want that?" I ask interested. Anna sets her mind on something and doesn't let it go. I understood that during this weekend.

"She wants us to get involved. She has convinced herself that you are attracted to me and that you are just being respectful" She says laughing and I remain quiet. Anna is usually right, that is something I've been noticing.

"She is not wrong. I find you incredibly attractive but I also think I can't dare to lose you if I make a wrong move so I am indeed being respectful. I'm sorry if that makes you uncomfortable to know I am attracted to you but you are something else" I say nervously and she seems surprised.

"So... If I wasn't your babysitter you would be all over me tonight?" She asks without showing much of a reaction and I nod fearful of what my truthfulness might do to us.

"If I'm being honest I would at least try to get your number. You are way more attractive than you give yourself credit for" I say honestly and she smiles.

"You are very attractive yourself. And I am actually flattered, I am in no way uncomfortable. You would be exactly the type of guy I would give my number to at a party" She says taping my shoulder and I smile.

"Well, it's bittersweet that we met how and why we did. I think we would be very compatible otherwise" I say leaning back and looking around to all the couples around.

"I think it was meant to be. You needed some help, I needed something different and Alice needed something adapted to her. We are good Daniel. It's human to be attracted to people. I mean, look at you. You are a very attractive man and I am not one to lie and neither are you. It doesn't mean we have to act on it" She says resting her head on my shoulder.

"Us being honest with each other is probably for the best. Now, let's get back to their side because Anna is looking at us and I think she is going to bring you another drink" I say laughing as I saw Anna looking at Iris with a huge smile on her face.

"Let's run from her. She won't give me another drink if she can't see me in the middle of the guys" She says taking my hand and dragging me to the dance floor.

Everything was going fine until I drank a bit too much, and she already had too much. She was going to fall so I held her by her waist and I used too much strength to keep her close which meant that our faces were inches away. I swallow nervously containing myself not to kiss her. It wouldn't be smart. When I was able to get out of my paralyzed state I was going to help her stand when she kissed me.

She kissed me! And I kissed her back because I wanted it. And I don't even know for long I've wanted it because it was a long one. The type of long that we can't say was a mistake but we could definitely try to blame it on the alcohol.