ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟛

Daniel Ricciardo POV

Being with Iris is definitely a breath of fresh air, it's completely different from being with Britney, I don't feel the toxicity. She is caring funny and understanding. She gives me everything I need. She gives me support, stability, and love. Every day I feel like I love this woman even more than the day before.

We haven't said anything about love but I think I will drop the three words at any time now. We are now back to work and three weeks of races back-to-back have started. We are now in Monza and when it ends we can get our deserved rest.

"Dada!" Alice calls as she stretches for me to pick her up.

"No! Dad is busy! I'm sorry" Iris says as she appears running after Alice.

"It's fine, it's a desired extra appearance for the interview" The reporter says delighted by a smiling Alice. I give Iris a thumbs up and nod so she would realize it's alright.

"Sorry" She mouths as she takes a step back but I laugh it off.

People seemed to be happier while I did the interviews with her in my arms. She saw herself in a bigger screen and she would point at it excitedly. My daughter is no secret and people seem to adore her as much as they adore me. My departure from Formula One was already making headlines and it looks like it will be the end for me.

I feel like I did the best I could but I'm kind of glad to have a bit of a break. With Alice, I feel like this will be positive, and Iris is making me wonder about being a family man and staying home with them.

"You have been daydreaming for the past couple of days" Lando says as we were in the garage watching as everyone prepared everything for the qualifying.

"I'm thinking about life I guess" I say as I let out a chuckle.

"I'm sorry for how this happened, you deserved more" He says regretfully, he has been trying to keep an indifferent attitude but we are friends so I get that he feels some type of way.

"I'm looking forward to next year actually. Things happen for a reason" I say happily.

"Good luck" Iris says as she comes to meet me a few minutes before qualifying is set to start.

"Thank you love" I say as I lean to give her a quick kiss.

"Be careful, please" She hugs me as the words leave her mouth and I nod, wrapping my arms around her and feeling the smell of her perfume, I thought female perfumes wore off easily but she always manages to smell like it throughout the day.

"I always am" I say kissing the top of her head and Zak calls me to which I nod.

"See you in a bit" She says taking a step back and smiling.

I get in the car and I thought about what she said, she worries about me so luckily I am not the only one thinking about love when I think about her. I was on Q2 when I felt the car getting out of control and it spins, someone must've hit me from behind because the spinning abruptly stops and I am thrown against a wall.

I hear this annoying sound in my ears before I completely black out. I can't even think of what went through or anything because it was a matter of seconds. I woke up and the buzzing sound was gone. I was being taken out of the car and I heard the medical team trying to call my name.

"Daniel, look at us please. The car doesn't matter. Stop trying to move" She says as I tried to look back at the damage I had done.

"I'm sorry" I am able to say before I am loaded into the ambulance and taken to the medical center.

I am almost positive I was there for two hours doing all kinds of tests, I was taken into a room while they tried to see the results.

"Please, I need to see my girlfriend and my kid. I can't let Iris have all this stress on her" I say for the tenth time and the nurse nods.

"She is outside, we will call her. Just give us 5 minutes to have something to tell you and to be able to discharge you, hopefully" She says giving me a smile and I smile back.

I was sore and I definitely felt tired but I am okay, I know I am. But I feel guilty as fuck to know that Iris watched me crash and doesn't even know if I am alright.

"Lando. Please, try to find something. I need to know he is alright. They just said he is conscious but they don't say anything else" I hear her voice and I am immediately alerted by it.

"I know. The nurse just said for us to wait 5 more minutes" He was obviously nervous but was trying to calm her down.

"Oh, gosh. I love him so much, he needs to know that. I need to tell him, I just told him to be careful. I got cold feet, Lando. Jesus Christ. This is killing me" She is panicking and I am smiling like a fool.

She loves me, she has been wanting to say that to me too. Fucking hell. I think my neck didn't even care to hurt anymore after I heard that. I know it now baby. No need to say it twice. Wait, I actually would like to hear it many more times.

"You will be able to tell him that. It isn't that serious or he wouldn't be here. And the walls are very thin here so I would keep the big reveal for when you want him to hear you" He warns her finally getting a laugh out of her until she stops.

"Wait, are you serious? Do you think he could've heard me? Oh, shit. You are the worse Lando" She is obviously annoyed and he is amused, I could tell by his laugh.

"Come in. He is being discharged but we will advise the team not to let him race tomorrow. His neck took a good blow to it so we won't recommend it" I hear the doctor say as he opens the door and Iris darts inside faster than I thought it was possible. I smile as I sat on the edge of the bed and open my arms to hug her.

"You almost killed me Ricciardo" She mutters angrily and I nod as I laugh.

"I know baby, I'm sorry. But I love you too" I say kissing her cheek and Lando just smiles and gives me a thumbs up.

The doctor gave me some other recommendations but the bottom line is that I won't race tomorrow. And I don't really care right now. I am alive, I am coming back to my family so I couldn't care less.