ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟙

Daniel Ricciardo POV

Britney left at the same time as Iris and I finished the interviews. Luckily, no one filmed it. I went to find Iris in the motorhome and she was in my room. Alice slept and she was just watching something on her phone.

"I'm sorry that happened" I say a few steps away from her as I closed the door.

"I am even more sorry. I didn't know she was Alice's mother. Alice is your twin, no doubt" She says putting her phone down and looking up at me. I closed the distance and stopped in front of her.

"She isn't her mother, we both know that you are more Iris' mother than she could ever be" I say locking my eyes with hers.

"Did she leave?" She asks concerned and I nod.

"She left at the same time as you" I say giving her my hand so she could get up.

"I'm not getting up, she is sleeping and you still have to change clothes" She says leaning back and I smile.

"That will do then" I say leaning in her direction. I put my knee on the bed and put my hand on the wall for balance, my free hand grabs her cheek and I kiss her.

The moment I saw Britney by her side it was like I was blinded by rage. I wanted her gone from Alice's view but her talking to Iris was my boiling point. I had wanted to do this for so long, but I didn't want to rush into it. Now, I didn't give a fuck, I wanted her. That is not a crime. We are both single.

The way she kissed me back quickly cleared my nerves because she obviously wanted it as much as I did. The kiss ended and I rested my forehead on hers as a smile appeared on my face.

"That took you too much time, uh? I thought you had me friendzoned" She says a few seconds later and bursts out laughing.

"I would never do that. I fell for you like a fool, I was too scared of going too fast and scaring you. Then I was just being stupid, I feel like a fucking teenager. I haven't felt this much doubt in years" I say as I sat by her side carefully.

"Well, it was worth it. I think the kiss came at the right moment. I was searching everyone's Instagram to see if you stayed for the interviews or if you had gone with her" She says with a chuckle.

"Oh, no. She is no threat in what comes to you. I would never choose her over you" The words come out of my mouth before I realized it. "Well, that came out wrong but-"

"She is the mother of your child. What if she wants to work it out? Would you miss out on giving Alice a happy family with both her parents?" She interrupts me as her eyes locked with mine, the worry was clear on her face but she seemed interested.

"No. Just- No. She didn't want to be a mom, so she left. She just wanted money, she wanted to trap me but it didn't work. She got a few thousand dollars and she left. She is just jealous or she is broke" I say as calmly as I could because that's how I feel. I know Britney, she doesn't care about me or Alice.

"I wouldn't blame you for giving it a try" She says as she rested her head on my shoulder and I put my hand in hers.

"I didn't love her and she didn't love me. There is nothing to try. You are more of a mother to Alice than her. I am just saying it. It doesn't you are obliged to be her mother. You can give me your boundaries and I will respect them" I was trying to avoid any misunderstandings, I was done with miscommunications and everything else. I just wanted to keep this, her, us.

"I know that I'm not her mother, neither legally nor biologically but I have grown attached to her in the last months. I love her, I really do. I also like her dad very much, he is a very attractive and attentive man. Which means that I want this to keep being how it is. I want to take care of her, I want to come to the paddock, I want us to keep watching tv together. I want all that I've been having. If that isn't too much" 

Her voice was sweet, I knew she was smiling just by her tone and I love it. She was making circular movements in my hand and that is how I know she was nervous and I am too. She makes me nervous-

"We can keep everything how it is. I would like to be able to call you my girlfriend, I will also make sure to have a date night for us every week, I will kiss you a lot more times, but I will make sure to watch tv with you every night" I hope this would succeed but I am afraid this was too simple.

"Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?" She asks sitting straight and looking at me with a huge smile. "That was smooth. Did Carlos give you any tips for that smoothness?"

"He didn't. I can be smooth" My smile was huge because anytime I saw her smile it made me want to smile. Also, I find her funny as hell.

"Well, I actually would very much like to be your girlfriend. It seems like a good idea" She says getting closer and I just nodded as I watched the distance between us getting smaller by the second.

"Thank God" I say putting my hand on the back of her neck and ending whatever distance was left.

This time the kiss was more confident because I meant every second of it. Our makeout session would've lasted longer if Alice hadn't decided to wake up at that moment. Iris almost ran to her but I was closer so I picked my daughter up.

"I got this" I say as I prepared to change her diaper and Iris nodded before giving me a wink.