23|| Butterflies

Thank you all for 22k reads!

It's been a while since Ace and I painted

It's been a while since Ace and I painted. A few days.

Today is Friday and we are also going to one of my brother's fancy little restaurants. Vincent said we needed 'family bonding time' whatever that means.

I'm in the middle of a shower before school. I finished washing my hair before I hopped out.

After I was dressed I looked in the mirror and saw a normal-looking teenage girl.

Looks can be deceiving. And they sure are.

My hair is naturally wavy so I added a bit of gel and mouse while leaving it down for the day.

I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs for breakfast.

Roman and Vincent supposedly had worked so it's just Matt, and Asher. Ace, and myself.

We ate breakfast while talking about random stuff. Asher being himself was quiet.

He never talks. Like, ever. Not me at least. He's very reserved which I respect. Socializing can be trying. Especially with your own family.

We left for school not long after we ate. We all parted ways. I talked with Harlow before class. She's gushing over her new man.

She's kinda boy crazy. I'm not mad though. I just think girls nowadays should know it's more to life than liking a guy. I would never be like that over a guy.

After a few classes I was walking to meet Harlow for lunch but there was a big crowd forming.

Me being noisy I went to check it out.

It was River fighting some random guy. The River was winning of course. He just had a busted lip, the other guy looked like he was dead. He wasn't moving.

I pushed through a few more people before I shook Rivers' shoulder telling him to calm down.

I don't know what's going on between them but death shouldn't be the answer to the problem.

River instantly stopped when I told him to calm down. I grabbed his wrist and tugged him into the school garden.

The garden was gorgeous it also had tables and benches for those who wanted to eat lunch outside.

Luckily it was deserted.

River and I sat in silence until I spoke up.

"I know we're not buddy buddy but are you okay?" I asked him nervously.

"Yeah, I'm good." River responded huskily while wiping his cut lip. How do you make that look good? Now is not the time to admire him Taliah.

Even if he is hotter than fresh McDonald's fries. That was weird huh? Sorry.