- Come as you are -

Request:
Leon hits the local bar for a drink, alone. He contemplates how life has been since the Los iluminados debacle. (It's open mic night at the bar) On the stage that night, Y/n sang the acoustic version of 'Come As You Are' by Nirvana. Leon's never heard a voice so beautiful and soothing, and let's just say he made it his mission to make a move on her before she left.

-

CONTENT WARNINGS: the tiniest bit of angst if you squint hard enough.

Set after the events of Resident Evil 4.

—————

   Leon let's out a huff, downing the rest of his drink before slamming the glass on the bar, tapping his fingers on the shiny wooden surface to gain the bartenders attention.

"Excuse me! Another one, please." He calls out.

The bartender turns to him with a smirk, raising his eyebrow as he begins to pour another glass of Jack Daniel's for the man.

"Rough night?"

Leon scoffs, sipping the freshly poured drink.

"Something like that." He mutters, looking off into the crowd of people.

It had been almost two weeks since his mission in Spain, but for Leon, it feels like it happened merely a few hours ago. Nightmares had been creeping through his scarred mind, clawing their way through his dreams to remind him of his near death experience.

Every time he closed his eyes, he saw himself standing over his old mentor, shoving a knife into his chest. He saw himself nearly getting pulled apart by a chainsaw. He saw himself almost die from a countless amount of dead-like humans and virus infested monsters.

It made Leon take a break from work for a little bit.

This was worse than anything he'd ever encountered. Sure, Raccoon City was rough, but this was a lot more hard on him than any other mission.

It made Leon realize that he hasn't lived a normal life since he joined the RPD or almost joined. He hasn't had time to think about his life, his friends, and potential lovers. He's been so focused on not trying to die while doing his job that he hadn't had time to live.

So, that's why Leon found himself sitting at a local bar, drinking his sorrows away as he realizes he won't ever have that normal life he wanted when he was younger.

"You seem sad." He hears, making his head turn back to a woman in a bright red, skin tight dress leaning against the table next to him, bending slightly to show off her cleavage.

"Really? What gave it away." He speaks sarcastically, ignoring the revealing skin in front of him, taking another sip of his drink.

"Your eyes. You can always tell how one feel through their eyes." She says, and Leon immediately recognizes the look in her eyes, making him grimace slightly. She was trying way too hard for someone not even close to being interested.

"I can make you feel better." She whispers, leaning toward him and batting her eyelashes.

Leon winces and backs away, shaking his head. "Yeah– no thanks." He speaks before completely turning away from the woman to face the stage where a woman was currently getting ready to sing.