- No need to be worried -

Based on Shameless. (USA Version)

CONTENT WARNINGS: Mentions of drugs, alcohol, drug addiction, alcohol addiction, swearing, slight abandonment issues, and more.

—————

   A large wave of nerves weighed you down as you lay in your bed. Your heart was pumping, and your body was covered in a thin layer of sweat from the shitty night you had previous.

Your boyfriend, Leon, was coming to visit, and you were terrified. Meeting eachothers families were bound to happen at some point, but it still scared you.

You're the oldest of seven children, each one you basically raised as you're own. Your parents were absolute shitholes. One being a bipolar bitch who decided to leave her family because it was too much to handle, and the other being a alcoholic, drug addict who's list of issues grew taller than the empire state building.

Bring the oldest had its wins and losses, the losses being that you're in charge of a very much broken family who live on the south side of an even more broken town. The wins being you're in a large family so you never get bored, your family is better looked after than what you were and your connections with eachother outweigh everything that comes up against you.

A puff of air escapes your mouth, and you run your hands over your face, the nerves still remaining. Leon didn't have to worry like you did. He has no family. He also made a good life for himself. You don't know what his job is, though. He said he'll tell you when he's ready. You've had suspicions that he was a drug dealer or a stripper, but he lives in a completely different area than you and you know people over there wouldn't even come close to touching those street jobs.

"Y/n!" You hear being yelled loudly, causing your head to snap up and look towards the door as you hear footsteps nearing.

"What?!" You yell back before your door is open.

Noah steps in. As soon as you see him, you know his twin brother has done something stupid. They were like hurricanes, nine years old and causing trouble whereever they go, leaving a huge mess behind.

"What did Jackson do now?" You ask with the sigh, stepping out of bed and putting pants on, pulling your singlet down to cover your exposed bellybutton.

"He got stuck in the dryer again." Noah says before running to what you're guessing is the laundry room. You step out of your room and follow after him before someone stops you.

"Y/n! I need art's and craft things from the store for my art project." Haley says, and you stop, peeking into her room.

Haley was definitely the most innocent of you all. Obviously not as innocent as Samuel or Sammy, your 2 year old brother. But she definitely wasn't aware of a lot of things happening. She was a kind soul, and you hope the best for her when she gets older because this world is tough.

"Yeah, what's the project?" You ask, leaning on the doorframe as you looked over at your little sister watching her swings in her chair.

"I have to paint something that connects me to my family. I'm thinking of painting a portrait, so I need all of us to take a photo later." She says, and you nod, tapping on your legs lightly.

"Alright, Missy. But I want you to add another chore to your list. Art supplies aren't cheap these days. Now get up and ready for breakfast, I gotta sort out your brother."