- Jail -

CONTENT WARNINGS: Strong language.

_____

   You whistled to yourself, leaning back against the wall that was furthest away from the bars to the cell, staring up at the ceiling. You were currently stuck in a jail cell, surrounded by everyone else who was stuck. ...Only everyone else was infected. You made a friend, though. A woman who was in the cell across from you, only she didn't last long before the infection took over her body like it did with everyone else in there.

You'd assumed that after you were arrested, the cops figured out about what was happening and decided to lock everyone who was bitten into cells to stop them from harming anyone else... but that was after you were thrown in here.

When you tried to explain to them that you weren't infected, they didn't believe you. Which is understandable. You honestly wouldn't believe you either...

Your whistle comes to a halt when you hear a gate open, footsteps moving quickly.

That's not a zombie... You think to myself, getting up.

You spot someone running past your cell, and you gasp, jumping up.

"Hey! Hey, person!" You yell, running to the bars and banging on them.

The person seems to stop in his tracks, looking around in confusion.

"Hello?" He asks, his head darting in all directions.

You breathe out in relief. "I'm over here." You stick your hand out of the cell and wave, hoping he can spot you. "In the cell!" You call out.

The man quickly makes his way over to me, and you breathe out, smiling in relief. "Oh, thank God, I thought I was going to die in here." You speak, looking up at the man.

He didn't look that much older from you, probably in his early twenties. His eyes were gorgeous though, he was a very pretty man... dressed in a police uniform.

"Ah, shit." You mutter, looking down at the large 'R.P.D' Imprinted on his uniform. This guy probably knows that the people down here were locked up because they were infected.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asks, looking around. "Do you know what's happening outside?"

I look at him in surprise... maybe he doesn't know about the procedure...

"Uh, yeah. Yes, I do." You speak, nodding. "Kind of hard not to when they're all around me." You point to all the cells close to me.

The man nods. "Uh, I'm Leon. Leon Kennedy." He smiles, holding his hand out for you to shake before he quickly reels it back before you can get to it. "You're not... gonna turn into one of those, are you?" He asks, squinting his eyes at you.

You shake your head, smiling. "Y/n, and nope. I'm human." You speak, and Leon nods before taking your hand and shaking it softly. You look around the cell, wrapping your hands around the bars. "Hey, uh.. any chance you can help me out? I kinda don't wanna die down here..." You speak, looking up at Leon.

Leon looks around before nodding. "One moment, I'll be right back." My eyes widen as he jogs off, and you jump up slightly.

"Hey! Never say you'll be right back!" You speak loudly, but he was already gone. You sigh. "Because people who say that don't come back..." You whisper to yourself in defeat before kicking the bars in anger and flopping down onto the shitty bed.