Chapter 19 - Coming undone ❤️

❤️Adult content❤️

Lydia

The house is quiet when I arrive. I walk slowly for the last few minutes so I can see if there's anyone else at home. There's only one car out front and I see no signs of his roommates, so I take a few deep breaths and ring the doorbell.

Wes opens wearing gray sweats and a t-shirt. His hair is slightly damp, and he smells of citrus and sandalwood. I inhale the scent that's becoming familiar to me.

"Hi," I say.

"Hi." He looks me up and down for a moment. I'm wearing a simple yellow sundress showing off my legs. I had no idea how to dress for a hookup. I tried about fifteen different hairstyles before leaving it in a loose, low ponytail with some strands framing my face.

"Can I come in?" I ask when he keeps staring at me.

"Yes. Yeah, come on in." He steps aside, showing a small foyer. To the right, an open door gives me a glimpse of a neat bedroom decorated in dark colors. "Do you want something to drink?"

I follow him past a staircase and into a large open space. At one end, a couple of couches are aimed at a large tv and several consoles. At the other end of the room, is a kitchen with an island. A small dining room juts out to the back, next to a screened porch.

Wes opens the refrigerator and gives me a look.

"Just water."

He hands me a bottle.

"Nice place," I say, mostly just to break the silence. The furniture is mismatched and there aren't a whole lot of decorative items, but it's relatively clean and tidy.

"Thanks." He nods at me. "Brick, that's the goalie, has his room down here. The rest of us have our bedrooms upstairs. I didn't think you'd come."

I drink some water.

"Why not?"

He shrugs. "Maybe you were trying to set me up again."

"There's no audience here."

"There wasn't one at the Den either."

"It's not a setup." I feel compelled to reassure him.

"Do you want to go upstairs?"

"Straight to the point, huh?" I try to make it a joke, but I fail.

"Did you change your mind?" He swallows hard.

I shake my head. "I didn't change my mind. Did you?"

"No. Gods, no." He moves toward the stairs. "This way."

I bring my water bottle. My eyes are on his ass as I try to convince myself that I probably shouldn't be doing this.

But I want it. I came because I want to feel his hands on me again. I want to know what he's like in bed. I want to feel him.

He leads me into a decent sized bedroom. The bed is made with what looks like fresh sheets. There's a pile of clothes on a chair and some stacks of books and papers next to it. But otherwise the room is tidy.

"I have my own bathroom." He points to a door. "Ethan and Liam share a bathroom and JD has the master."

I nod. I'm vaguely familiar with the names. "JD is the captain, right?"

"Yeah. They all went out to dinner and they'll be heading to a bar afterward."

I stand awkwardly in the middle of the room.

"We don't have to do anything if you don't want to," Wes says.

He's serious. I place my water bottle and purse on a dresser. Then I take a deep breath and look him in the eyes.