Chapter 21 - Exclusive❤️

❤️Adult content❤️

Lydia

He is an asshole. But god, the sex was good. I spend the evening shifting between anger and contentment.

By the following afternoon, what remains is mostly anger. He shoved me into a bathroom rather than being seen with me. But fine, if that's how he wants to play this, I will follow along.

There's a public skate tonight with the Lions. It's an event that draws quite a crowd. The hockey players take to the ice and have informal coaching sessions with the people that show up, mostly kids.

Wes will not be skating since he's on store duty, but as I arrive, quite a few of the other players are at the store, waiting for the event to begin. They do some outreach every so often and public skates are a way for them to find future players and encourage them.

"Lydia," Ms Tina says when I enter the store. "It's going to be a busy day today, but I'm sure the two of you can handle it." She already has her purse and is on her way out.

"I'm sure we can," I say.

"Call if you need me." She waves to the hockey players as she leaves.

I take a deep breath. As soon as I walked through the door, I could feel Wes' eyes on me. I smile at one of the players as I pass him by. Wes doesn't want to interact with me in public? Then I won't give him the chance.

"Hi," he says as I move towards the counter where he's standing. I give him a quick nod.

I squeeze past a couple of players and quickly deposit my bag in the back. Then I go back out there.

As I move to fold some of the new t-shirts, I wonder what the players have heard about me. These are not the same players that were talking about me earlier. But that doesn't mean they don't have the same thoughts.

Wes is chatting with a couple of them. They're talking about some block Wes did at practice and seem to be slightly in awe of him.

I keep my distance as the players check out some of the new equipment, talking about pros and cons of things I have no idea about.

When I'm happy with the t-shirts, I move to the hockey sticks. I place myself on the other side of the partition, so I'm hidden from most of them. That way, I can take a deep breath and close my eyes for a moment. Having Wes so close by is lighting my body on fire.

I tidy the sticks, taking my time, when I hear Wes' voice. He's showing a player some of the new gloves.

"It's not so bad," he says.

"But you're stuck here with her." I think I recognize the voice. Ethan? I'm not sure.

"It's not all bad," one of them says with a laugh. "Have you seen her?"

"Shut up." Wes sounds angry.

"Yeah," Ethan continues. "She's the trash that got him into this situation. There's nothing hot about that."

Right. I move away. I don't want to hear any more. I'm trash. He's made that perfectly clear. I'm not good enough for him and not only is he embarrassed about sleeping with me. He cares so little for me that he shoved me in a bathroom.

I move to the other side of the store and put on a smile. A few of the players are looking at the pucks with the Lions's logo on them.

The closest player is one of the seniors. He looks me up and down and I wonder if he sees trash, or maybe something more.

He has broad shoulders and a chiseled jaw. With his long, blond hair and blue eyes, he reminds me of a viking.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" I ask with my sweetest smile.