Chapter 51 - Taking it public

Lydia

Once again, I wake up in Wes' arms. A wave of happiness washes over me as I turn off the alarm, and I can't stop smiling as he hugs me closer.

"Good morning," I say and he mumbles a reply against my neck.

I want to stay in bed all day. But we both have classes. So I take a moment to enjoy the feeling of his body against mine, then I squirm out of his grip.

He makes a disappointed sound as he tries to catch me.

"You have class. And so do I." I move away from the bed, because I really want to get back under the blanket with him.

He sighs and sits up. I find something to wear and pull it on. I don't want to be late for class. Because I've realized how much I want a career and I'm done fucking up my future.

I watch his muscles as he pulls on his clothes. There's a drawer in my dresser that I don't use much. I wonder if he would want to keep some things here.

I blink and blush. It's too soon for that. I'm not going to scare him away. This is all too new. Instead, I rush out to brush my teeth.

He walks me all the way to class.

"Won't you be late?" I ask, and glance at the surrounding people.

"I'm walking my girl to class."

He's holding my hand. As we get to the more populated part of campus, I try to pull my hand away. But he won't let me. He holds on tightly, and I can't help but smile. He wants everyone to see.

"I'm in here," I say and point to the Endman building. I'm thinking he'll leave me there and head to his own class, but he just holds the door open for me. So we walk in together.

My class is in a room off the main lobby. So I take him to the door and stop.

"You're here?"

I nod. Everyone is looking at us. He stands in front of me and puts a hand on my cheek, guiding my face toward his.

"You want to have lunch together after class?"

"Sure." My stomach flips. "You know people will see us, right?"

He laughs. "I'm counting on it."

"And they'll talk."

"Then let's give them something to talk about." He leans in and our lips meet. I stiffen at first. There's a lot of people around us. But his lips are soft and enticing and his hands on my hips keep me safe, so I give in.

"I think people know now," I say as our lips part and he leans his forehead against mine.

"Good. I want the world to know you're mine."

"I should head inside." People are walking past us and the lobby is emptying.

He gives me a last peck on my lips. "See you in a bit."

And then he smiles that smile that makes me warm and excited. I quickly pull away from him so I'm not tempted to stay.

As I take my place, I can see people glancing my way and whispering. It makes me slightly uncomfortable, but if it doesn't bother Wes, then it shouldn't bother me. The only reason people are talking is because it's new.

I'm sure by tomorrow they will have moved on to talk about something else.

When class is over, I'm not sure what we discussed. I have some notes, but no idea if they make sense.

Wes is already waiting for me when I get out.

"How did you get here so quickly?" I wrinkle my brows at him.