chapter 1

*flashback 12 years ago"
"i'll be playing on this field in the future" 12 year old mason yelled, pointing at the england game in front of us and our families. "and i better be interviewing you after the game" i replied as we both laughed.

*today*
it's weird being best friends with two people on opposing teams on game day. like who's jersey do i wear? i check the time and notice i've been trying to decide if i should wear masons or christian's jersey for a whole 15 minutes. gosh is this what my life has come to.

i finally decided to go with masons jersey, knowing we've been best friends for the past 15 years. my dad has been waiting outside so i hurried down. i grabbed a small bag to put my stuff in and locked the door behind me. i also brought a sweatshirt because it's winter, i'll be freezing.

my dad has been a huge chelsea fan since he was young, so i think it has just caught onto me. i met christian, who i'm super close with now through mason. and then i eventually became good friends with the whole chelsea team. we are closer then ever, they feel like my brothers.

we finally arrived to the field, and since it was world cup i wasn't able to say good luck to mason and christian like i do before every chelsea game. i just had to text them instead which i hate doing.

--------------------------------------------------------

london lads🤞

chelsey
security was being an ass
and wouldn't let me see you
guys🙄🙄 good luck and no
fighting on the field please 😭

mase 💙
thanks stink, you better
be wearing MY jersey!!

chris🙌
thanks chels, i'll try not
to fight w him but no
promises will be made

--------------------------------------------------------

my dad and i got some food and went to our seats. they were first row right in between both benches so it was perfect, at least i can say hi to my boys.

the england team came out first to warm up as they all waved to me. mason eventually came out and came straight to me, as i told him where i would be sitting.

"i knew you would wear my jersey"

"you know me too well, good luck mase" i gave him a kiss on the head as he ran to his team.

the usa team came out about 5 minutes later and christian was the first one out. he came over to me as i also told him where i'd be sitting.

"you look good, as always"

"thanks chris," i said laughing, "good luck, i'll be cheering for u both!!"

"thanks bae, i'll score one for you" he smirked and blew a kiss

"we'll see about that" i laughed and hugged him goodbye. me and christian have been friends for almost 4 years now and we had always had this flirty friendship. we never really said anything about it, i guess it just happened? we both knew it was all a joke and we would never be anything more than friends.