chapter 2

the national anthems were just done meaning the game was almost about to start. the game whistle was just blown and both teams started off strong. i saw mason and christian talking to each other when they had the chance. what could they possibly be talking about that's so important?

there was a corner for england and mason was the one to take it. he crossed it in as harry kane headed it towards the goal. the usa goalkeeper turner made a beautiful save a distributed it from the back.

pulisic eventually got the ball and was on a run with it. he beat two players and he was now on his way to goal. i was screaming and chanting cause this looked like a 1v1 against the goalkeeper.

the goalkeeper came out and cleared it. wow. this is one game. the two teams were playing wonderful and i loved it. my two boys were a big part of this great game and had multiple opportunities here and there.

it was the 49th minute and the stands started to clear out a bit to get in front of the food lines. me and my dad agreed we weren't hungry or thirsty yet so we didn't get up.

the half time whistle blew and during that time, i was just talking to my dad. it felt like the childhood days when me and mason would go to soccer games together. gosh how time flies.

"i'm so proud of myself for convincing mason to start soccer at 10 years old" my dad said "without me he wouldn't be here!!"

"okay dad maybe we should give him some credit too" i laughed

"i mean he's amazing, he is also a nice kid. why won't you date him? you need to eventually move on from carson you know."

carson. my ex from 5 months ago. we had such a healthy relationship until he wanted to screw things up. but this isn't what we're here to talk about.

"dad, come on now. me and mason are just best friends and you know that, and let's not talk about carson? we're at the world cup, he's irrelevant right now."

"fine fine you're right"

"anyways i think both mase and chris are playing wonderful, don't you?"

"yes yes i'm so proud of them both"

the teams started walking out again as the second half was about to start. the crowd started flooding in again while the whistle was blown once again. there were so many chance but none finished.

it was the 64th minute and i was starting to get thirsty. i told my dad and he agreed. i went to get us both a lemonade cause that's our favorite.

"two lemonades, please?" i asked the worker

"okay the total is $9."

ugh i hated how expensive foods and drinks are at sports games, especially the world cup.

i got the lemonades and started walking away. i wasn't really paying attention cause i was looking down at my phone texting my dad for updates on the game. i hated missing any second of the game.

i bumped into someone and spilt both lemonades.

"shit. i am so so so sorry.."

i looked up to see a guy around his twenties with his friend who looked much younger.

"no worries, this shirt is old anyways" we laughed

"is there anything i can do to make it up to you? seriously i feel horrible. i mean i can buy you a new shirt? or i can get you a-"

"you can give me your number??"

oh. that was not what i was expecting. he looked older than me but i felt too bad to decline.

"first i'm gonna need your name"

he answers "pedri?"

i'm not sure why he said it as if i would know already, but it's whatever. "i'm chelsey, but you can call me chels. nice to meet you!"

"now how about that number?"

"oh yeah" i said as i typed my number into his phone. his friend looked extremely handsome. i didn't get a good view of his face cause his eyes were glued down to his phone but from what i saw, holy he was hot.

Gavi's POV

"pedri wtf was that about? she looks so much more younger than you.."

"it was for you gavi."

what. i mean she was pretty but i'm so focused on my career that i fear a girl will ruin it.

"no thanks." i said as i rolled my eyes.

"omg can you just take her number??"

"no."

"you're gonna regret this."

i definitely am. "no i'm not"

"whatever you say bud"

i rolled my eyes. we eventually made our way back to our seats since pedri forgot his card to buy us snacks. the game was still 0-0, it was a really good game.

Chelsey's POV

"i'm back"

"where's the lemonades?" my dad asked with a confused face but still focused on the game

"i bumped into this guy and dropped them both, he said i can give him my number to make up for it.

he turned his head to me the fastest ive ever seen a head turn.. weird.

"ARE YOU FINALLY MOVING ON???"

"dad first off i am moved on, and second he looked so much more older than me. so end of conversation."

he rolled his eyes as we both continued to watch the game.

the final whistle was blown as the game ended in 0-0. i wasn't upset but i also had nothing to feel happy about. all i could think about was that handsome boy who didn't care to look up from his phone. ugh how can someone i've never talked to have such a chokehold on me.