[09] What the heck is this?

Stay neighborhood
Ryujin's room
5:12pm

↪Hyunjin's pov↩

    "I'm sorry, I'll work on it," feeling my ears burn, I bowed, apologizing to Ryujin, who scoffed, laughing as she turned away from me.

She waved her hands dismissively, saying. "You better, I'm starting to think its on purpose."

Somehow getting more embarrassed by this, I remained quiet, no wanting to use the wrong words again. I simply watched as she walked towards the balcony, perplexed.

"Are you coming?" Ryujin questioned when she noticed I wasn't following her. She cocked a brow, a vague expression on her face.

I nodded and walked up to her. Ryujin unlocked the door and gestured for me to follow, which I did. "Close your eyes!" She immediately said, rushing over to me, I could feel her fingers ghost over my face.

"Okay! Okay!" I chuckled lowly, complying to her order. Hesitating would be of no use, it's just best to get it over with.

I could hear Ryujin heave out a sigh. "Before we start, promise you won't judge my work."

I furrowed my brows in confusion. "I won't."

"You have to say 'I promise' go on, say it!"

"I promise," I took up hand, poking out my pinky, the cold air hit my hand but was replaced with a strange warmth which I came to realize was Ryujin's pinky.

"I just like painting scapes I'd like to visit, nothing too fancy," Ryujin crossed her arms, she looked away. Seemingly like she's trying to dodge any glance I'd give her.

I smiled and averted my gaze to where various canvass laid, Ryujin had smeared vast shades of colors, shapes and just abstract figures.

They were mostly paintings of beach scapes, mountain scapes, a city which I couldn't quite recognize and one with multicolors and shadowy figures, that seemed blurred. "What's that one?"

Ryujin quickly got in front of it, spreading her arms apart. "Nothing, its just a party or whatever!"

I tilted my head to the side a bit, so many questions raided my thinking space but I chose to go with just one. "You haven't been to a party?"

"Pfft, when did I say that?" She denied, rolling her eyes and then scoffed.

"Your paintings are amazing," I dropped the topic and so did Ryujin's arms, she looked at me with disbelieve, before giving me a skeptical look. "No really, I'm being honest, I'm kinda ashamed to show you mine now."

"Yeah, yeah, you don't have to lie, its fine."

She still didn't believe me, I'm guessing it has something to do with her hiding her artworks.

"I'm not, trust me, please?" Ryujin's expression softened for a bit, she smiled and bowed, murmuring a low 'thanks' "Do you have more? Like your work?"

"Sure, I do digital sketches too, but I'm not ready to show you yet, they're just mindless doodles, and I'm trying to draw humans, not like portraits but like human figures, since I just paint scapes and flowers, butterflies, that's kinda where I'm stuck, since then blank," Ryujin rambled on, as she walked to desk. She turned on her computer, scrolling through her draft. "See? They're not good."

"When did you start learning this?"

"A few weeks back, why?"

"Cause they look pretty awesome for someone who just started."

Ryujin laughed awkwardly, abruptly getting up. "You don't have to be so nice," she waved her hands, a bit flustered, an almost invisible tint of pink on her cheeks.

"I'm just being honest," I tried reprimanding her negative thought.

"Thanks, really," Ryujin rubbed her nape. "I thought you'd be rude or absentminded, cause of you're Hwang Hyunjin, you know?"

My face contorted in confusion. "What's wrong with being Hwang Hyunjin?"

"Bro, don't act so clueless, have you seen you at school? You scrawl at girls a lot."

"Oh," I heaved a sigh, looking down at the wooden floor. "Sorry if I ever did or say anything rude to you."

"Pfft, I wasn't even in the picture frame, its always the pretty girls who are always around you, I can't even compare to their lo-"

"Do you hate me?" My words made Ryujin to pause, she looked at me with wide eyes.

"No, I don't hate you or like you, you're almost nonexistent-" a strange pang hit my chest, causing my stomach to flip, my knee grew weak and my throat ran dry. "Well that was before we became a team, you're quite nice and sweet, your hair is really pretty up close and I wonder how it'd look in black."

Its funny how I felt the same way I did about the first comment, but this time it felt like my feet were off the ground and I could hardly breathe, in a good way, if that makes sense. "You like black hair?"

Ryujin was about to reply when her door flung open, revealing an angry blonde. "RYU, WHEN ARE- oh shit, I forgot you have someone over," she grinned sheepishly. "Pardon my ignorance fine Sir."

"Sana leave."

She tittered and then left, muttering again, which I think its a habit of hers.

"She's crazy. Anyways its getting late, sorry I kept you here for too long," Ryujin bowed.

"Its fine, I like your arts by the way, do I get to see more?"

"No!" Ryujin laughed. "I'm kidding, maybe?"

I forced a smile, trying to play down the circus that went on within me. What the heck is this?

----------• ° -💛- ° •----------

Hints
- A chicken's therapy
- Don't panic ??

Anyways hi, how are you?
Pls vote and comment

Thanks!
Cya💚