[22] Gleeful turns gloomy

Jyp Int. School
Art class
10:50am

↪Third person pov↩

       Hyunjin felt totally bubbly the whole weekend. Normally he thought that things would be awkward between him and Ryujin but that suspicions was quickly put out when she texted him on Saturday morning, telling him that she was okay and only suffering from a minor headache.

When that doubt was cleared, he stretched out the negativity, jumped off his bed and for the first time in weeks made breakfast for Felix and even that annoying quokka that followed them back home.

And surprisingly Jisung's part wasn't extra spicy and salty like last time, which was totally creepy, and that wasn't the worse part cause he proceeded to even joke with the squirrel.

Later that afternoon he headed to his art room and started working on his painting, he didn't want Mrs Bak to think this was a waste of time and for Ryujin to be disappointed that he did nothing.

After thinking long and hard, the brown haired settled on what to paint, called it a day after a couple of hours and completed it the next day before going out with Felix's to get the groceries, and also gave  kkami a walk as it has been long since he had pet-owner time with the little fluff ball.

He couldn't wait for Monday and just like he had wished, the day finally came.

When he saw Ryujin in the hall but she didn't approach him, he simple thought 'eh, maybe she didn't see me,' but now that she sat rather far away from him in art class, the brown haired knew something was definitely up.

They usually sat together, wasting their time by trying to paint but fail or just smear random paint of the canvass.

When the class was over, Mrs Bak instructed both of them to stay behind, to check on their work. She walked over to the ravenette's and marveled at what she had created.

It was a painting of a sunset on a lake, surrounded by hills and plateaus. A couple of pine trees littered the scape. The lake shimmered with the brilliant orange it reflected from the sunset, that slowly dipped down the brilliant sky were three birds were added in the far distance. And at the bottom left was a shadowy figure of a boy playing with a dog– the animal was going after a ball thrown by its owner.

Mrs Bak had her hands clasped on her lips. She knew Ryujin was good but has never seen her paint so beautifully and the boy and his dog was a nice touch, cause she had never added animate features to her works.

She raved about how wonderful the work looks to her student– Ryujin, who was blushing at the compliments.

And next was Hyunjin, the guy who so desperately wanted to see what Ryujin had painted. He knew she wasn't fond of dogs and wanted the confirm the reason she added it to her artwork.

The art teacher looked at his canvass where he painted a field in nighttime, a big bright moon adorned the dark blue sky where twinkling stars scattered. The sky was clear and had only a soft cloud close to the glowing orb. The green grass looked soft and they swayed left along with the pink willow tree, telling the direction the wind blew from. And on the willow tree was a couple, the female on a swing and one she identity as the male holding onto the ropes. She loved the casted shadows of the figures and thought it was a nice touch to his magnificent artwork.

Mrs Bak couldn't stop gushing at how they did a wonderful job by being a team, even recommending for them to do it more often, of course she added self praise about how her idea is totally genius and soon left to brag to the other teachers, leaving the two alone.

Hyunjin walked over to her painting and compliment her on it, the whole time the ravenette only nodded or laughed sheepishly at his remarks. She didn't even ramble much about his painting but did compliment it.

And Hyunjin offered that she could have it, hesitantly, after he insisted, she agreed only if he'd take hers, when that was settled, she smiled weakly, bowed slightly, waved lightly and left.

And that's all it took for the brown haired to realize she was avoiding much interactions with him...

-----------• ° -💙- ° •-----------

Okay this took fifty minutes to write?

I expected longer, and I was unsure about describing painting I've never seen before, just had to imagine that shi. . . but I guess it turned out okay?

If it didn't, I'm sorry
Have a cake 🎂

Hints
- heartbreak
- comfort

Anyways hi, how are you?
Pls vote and comment

Thanks
Cya💚