Without You

YOUNGEST TWNS ~ 6 years old

****

The gravel rolled under their feet as they walked down the pavement while keeping an eye on the two kids who were running around the place. The street lamps tried to help the moon to light up the path but it was clear that they weren't needed. The breeze stroked their faces as it flowed past them. the streets weren't crowded since it was more of a hidden part of the city.

Even though the whole atmosphere gave out calmness, Namjoon and Hoseok were nowhere near that. Their constant shouts and yells were ignored by the pair of twins who ran down the gravel path, trying to tag each other. The twins were seemingly having the time of their lives but for Hoseok and Namjoon it felt like the last night of their lives. And they weren't even overthinking. The gravel path was dangerous. but there was no stopping the two kids now. So, Hoseok and Namjoon was running around the almost secluded park area as if they're playing with two. And it just added more fun to the younger two. Hoseok and Namjoon were beyond grateful for the fact that Jimin and Taehyung were at one of their friend's houses.

When they paused their chasing to catch their breath, they saw how Jungkook was hiding behind one of the trees to catch Jungsoo with a surprise. His ear-to-ear grin expanded when he observed Jungsoo coming towards the tree in search of him. When she was almost passing the tree, Jungkook jumped out with a roaring sound which set Jungsoo in flight mode. Her tiny feet worked fast to take her away from danger while her high pitched scream filled the air. Jungkook, glad with the result he received, ran after his twin.

Just when Jungkook was about to tag her, she tripped over her own feet. Unfortunately, her knees landed on the gravel. Hoseok and Namjoon sprinted towards them while muttering curses under their breaths. Jungkook, too, was helping her up, muttering 'sorry's, feeling guilty about his deeds. The little girl's eyes filled with tears as she felt the increasing pain in her palms and knees. In a second, her sobs filled the silent air. Hoseok dusted off her clothes and picked her up to go and sit on a wooden bench. Namjoon and Jungkook followed behind them with worried expressions on their faces.

"Aw, don't cry, baby. Does your knee hurt?" Hoseok asked the girl as they sat down on the wooden bench. Jungsoo nodded in reply to his question and pointed at her knee. Her face was still buried in the crook of his neck.

The elder brother checked her scraped knee. The fall had torn of a small part of her baby pink leggings. Hoseok dusted off her wound while Namjoon sat beside them with Jungkook on his lap. Jungsoo hugged her oppa as tight as she could with just her arms since her palms were also stinging.

"We'll go home and put something on it, okay? but don't cry, princess" Hoseok said, wiping off her wet cheeks with his thumbs.

"It hurt, oppa" she said, between her hiccups. Hoseok wrapped his arms around her.

"I know, princess. That's why we told you to not run, right? see what happened now?"

"Sorry, oppa"

"Aish, Soo. Kook, would you tell Soo to stop crying?" Namjoon asked, turning towards Jungkook. Jungkook with a worried face, slightly nodded.

Jungkook reached out to hold her arm, "Soo, please don't cry" he tried but the girl buried her face again in the crook of his neck.

Jungkook kept calling her and telling her not to cry which poorly had any affect. when he realized that she's not going to listen, he eventually stopped.

"Oppa," she called out, raising her head to look at Hoseok and pausing her cries for a second.

"Yes?"