DEBUT

Jungkook sat on the high chair, in front of the mirror in the tiny dressing room. A make-up artist was applying some make-up on his face, even though he didn't need any. His Clothes were all set and his hair was almost done. From the mirror, he looked at the reflection of the wall clock that was hung on the wall, opposite to the one he was facing. With each second ticking, his heart beat doubled. He was excited, of course but there was also a great amount of nervousness in his body that was too hard to ignore. Of course, he'd be nervous, it's his debut stage after all.

After all the hard work, all the effort and all the talent he put in, he was finally going to make his debut. He was beyond happy. All the nights, he had spent up practicing vocals and dancing and producing, they were paying off. His blood, sweat and tears were finally going to get compensated for and he was grateful for not giving up on himself, the journey and his dream. A smile took place in his face as he thought about it.

He was grateful for all of his hyungs and his twin, who stood beside him in his ups and downs for the past year of time. And mainly Yoongi, who directed Jungkook in every way he could in the music field. The elder taught him rap, producing and pushed him to audition at various agencies. Jungkook had it in him and Yoongi knew it better than anyone. So, when two or three agencies rejected him for not having an already-polished voice, he reminded Jungkook that he should not give up. and he motivated Jungkook to keep trying.

In the middle of all these happening, there was a talent show at their school. Jungkook wasn't very fond of performing in front of crowds. So, he didn't pay that much attention to it and didn't bother to tell his hyung. And Yoongi wouldn't even have known a thing, if Jungsoo hadn't asked Yoongi why Jungkook wasn't going to sing there. So, after a good earful, Yoongi helped Jungkook get ready to show his talents. because a mere school crowd wouldn't be the thing he'd have to face if he were to become an idol. And so, Jungkook, did kind of performed his favorite song on the stage, using the method Yoongi had told him. Just pretend no one's there and feel the music in your heart. And it worked. And what proved it better was the agent that came to contact Jungkook after his performance.

He auditioned at the agency and Jungkook was selected to be a trainee. But they were still not sure if he was to debut solo or with a group. After a lot of discussion between the managers and some -surprisingly- with Yoongi, they decided Jungkook was better to be a solo idol because of his talents. Jungkook was already, ready for anything and he was glad that he was now going to make it.

Hence, with the stage name 'JK', Jungkook was going to debut under the name 'BigHit Entertainment'. He didn't want the world to know him as Agust D's Younger brother, Jungkook, But as Jungkook, who was full with passion and love for music. He didn't want any special treatment nor attention just because he was Kim Yoongi's brother. He wanted to build up from scratch. But he knew it was impossible now. He had appeared in many of Yoongi's personal posts and lives that Yoongi had had with some of his brothers and sister before he was thinking of debuting. Jungkook already had Yoongi's fans who supported him and he knew it by the responds they got to the short video clip they had uploaded of him. So, they were left with the option to swing with it. But Jungkook did not forget to go on a live, later that day and explain what he really wanted.

Thinking back on his journey, he was feeling proud about himself. But like a rock in the middle of a smoothly flowing river, his thoughts were disturbed by a knock on the door. In came the manager with Yoongi and Jungsoo tailing behind them. The manager announced that Jungkook was up after the next performance and Jungkook's heart started to beat like he'd run a mile. A camera was placed on the counter attached to the wall in front of Jungkook and a cameraman stood behind a camera on a stand in the corner of the room. Once the manager left the room after talking about something with Yoongi, the elder brother made his way towards Jungkook.