First Step

YOUNGEST TWINS ~ 4 yrs Old

***

Jin let out a breath of relief. Agh, typical Mondays. Ten minutes ago, the house was a battlefield. The boys running here and there in search of their things. Some looking for their ties, some looking for their lost sock; some looking for their backpack and some even looking for their heads. It was complete chaos. But after they all – practically, five of them- left, the house looked like a storm passed through it.

So-Yoon had left the chaotic part of the house, a few minutes ago, to wake up the two tiny toddlers. Their father had already went to work. Biting on to a bread toast, Jin climbed up the stairs, still in his clothes from last night. He was staying at home, the excuse being 'helping his Eomma with the twins' as if she hadn't already done it enough times before. It was a lame excuse but Jin wanted to witness the reactions of the twins on their first day of school like he did with all of his dongsaengs. It had become his habit and this might be the last time he'd get to experience the feeling. Of course, he couldn't miss that.

"Are they up?" Jin asked once he entered Jungsoo's room, which both of the twins had fallen asleep last night with their mother.

"Soo's up but kook's not" Their mother shouted from inside the attached bathroom. A few little giggles followed after her voice, making his lips automatically curve up into a smile. "Try to wake him up-hey, no. Put that hand shower down, Soo"

Jin shook his head and chuckled before walking to the bed, where Jungkook was asleep on. Jungkook's lips were forced into a thin line, trying to suppress a giggle trying to escape his lips. Jin, too, had to hold in his chuckle at the younger's tactics.

Jungkook nor Jungsoo were very fond of the idea of leaving the comforts of their home and staying in a place for hours without any of their parents or brothers. They were the two babies of the family and was pampered to the max. So that was also a reason that the elders decided it was better to send the two to nursery - to get them used to their elders not being around.

Jin bent down to reach Jungkook and started tickling the little boy in the sides, making him dance around like a worm. Both of them were laughing their hearts out and in between the fit of laughter, Jungkook tried his best to pry away Jin's arms. But the elder didn't even budge. But Jin eventually had to stop when both of their lungs ran out of air. He fell on to the bed beside Jungkook and they both gasped for air. And that was when Jin felt a gaze burning through his head. He turned his head around to see their mother, with Jungsoo balanced on her right hip and arms, giving him a 'done' look.

"He's up?" The elder boy defended himself, gesturing at the now-awake Jungkook.

"Yeah, I can see. Come, we gotta have breakfast and get ready quickly" So-Yoon said with a smile towards Jungkook. but he had a totally different expression on his face.

"Nooo!" he let out his dislike at the idea.

He again hid his head inside the blanket. Jin sighed and picked Jungkook up, ignoring Jungkook's protests and countless attempts to be freed from his arms. Jungsoo, too, had a pout on her face at the situation. Jin took the little boy to the kitchen and settled the boy on one of the chairs at the kitchen island. So-Yoon, followed the action and prepared the breakfast for the two. Jin leaned on to one of the counters and took out his phone to check some notifications.

"Jin," The mother called, making Jin hum in her direction and take his eyes off of his phone. "You should go and wash up"

"I'll leave in a bit. We still have time" Jin pointed out.